Going for gas..... too!

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Redmaine
80-90 Mem No: 7631

Re: Going for gas..... too!

Post by Redmaine »

Hi, i just wanted to check how the conversion went. I recently bought a van and am considering an LPG conversion and am based in west sussex. Just wanted to get an idea from someone local if it was worth the effort??

Ta

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

Redmaine wrote:Hi, i just wanted to check how the conversion went. I recently bought a van and am considering an LPG conversion and am based in west sussex. Just wanted to get an idea from someone local if it was worth the effort??

Ta

Hi Redmaine,

Personally and if you want total satisfaction, then go to one person only, which is Steve at Gasure in north Wales.
Sure it's a long way. But his knowledge is second to none and will have your van converted to run spot on.

He did mine back in May. And I have covered 5K since without a single problem with a mahooosive grin on my ugly face.

Also get the biggest gas tank possible. It'll make sense in the long run.
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

Willoughby
80-90 Mem No: 3068

Post by Willoughby »

Aye, Steve is the man. :ok

I got gasses a Easter the year befor last and have done 26K miles. It's a 5+ hours drive for me and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Glad I found him top guy.

Kev
http://www.parka.plus.com/cookie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - wee test for me.

Kev.

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

Same here. 8+ hour round trip and well worth it. Can't reccomend Gasure highly enough. :ok
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.

MrH29
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by MrH29 »

I know very little about LPG conversions, I just know LPG costs are quite alot lower than unleaded. Do any of you guys know roughly what you might pay to have a conversion done? I'm talking roughly as I know there may be a few different factors involved, also whats involved in a converstion exactly? How does it effect performance etc?
Thanks

Nev

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

MrH29 wrote:I know very little about LPG conversions, I just know LPG costs are quite alot lower than unleaded. Do any of you guys know roughly what you might pay to have a conversion done? I'm talking roughly as I know there may be a few different factors involved, also whats involved in a converstion exactly? How does it effect performance etc?
Thanks

Nev
You'll find all the information youneed here. http://www.gasure.co.uk
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.