Im a bit Peed off with my LPG

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sherlock
80-90 Mem No: 3096

Im a bit Peed off with my LPG

Post by sherlock »

Got my van (1900 dg) converted about 3 months back at Gasure and it's been fine up to now. Went back for the 800mile check up and it starts like a dream from cold........until today when I went to work and it started to play up and cut out in the road a few times. The only time it works OK is when I put it back to petrol (and it runs sweet) switch it back to gas and it starts to chug and cut out. Any ideas ????

Of course I will give Steve at Gasure a bell in the A.M as he's very helpful and will no doubt have the answer.

I was just wondering if someone out there has had a similar problem.

Cheers.
Sherlock.
[IMG:75:100]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc91 ... 9117-2.gif[/img] Remember the 7 Ps......Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents Pi$$ Poor performance.

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Best let steve sort it out
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

sherlock
80-90 Mem No: 3096

Post by sherlock »

Seems I may of jumped the gun on blaming my LPG.
Today I drove to work on petrol and the same thing happened, it broke down at the side of the road. I gave it 10 mins and it started up again and I limped home. I rang the local garage I use and he seems to think it's a little electric thing by the side of the engine that's knacked.
My neighbour had the same problem on his VW T3 van and changing this sorted it. I will fit one 2moro and see.
Sherlock.
[IMG:75:100]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc91 ... 9117-2.gif[/img] Remember the 7 Ps......Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents Pi$$ Poor performance.