auto sleeper LPG tank placement

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

auto sleeper LPG tank placement

Post by kevtherev »

The under bed storage area on my 86 hightop is smaller than the required room for a 70ltr underbed tank.
Auto sleeper gave more floor area to their conversions.
now I like the wardrobe space so I'm not going there..

so I've removed the wood bulkhead from it's origional position and pulled it forward. Leaving it unsecured untill tank fitting ,
Now there's room

Now my questions.....

1/ where will the tank filler go?
2/ what problems are there when I refit the wood bulkhead, i.e, bed support, repositioning seat etc.

I've been told mocki has done this, so his experience is most welcome as are anyone else's idea's
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

missusjen
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by missusjen »

Mocki did it - he also helped us do ours - sorry we didn't have it with us last weekend for you to see Kev.

The filler socket for the LPG usually goes on the back - next to the letterbox, or even behind it - although that's a pain in the backside if you have a bike rack on and the pump filler has a flange (although I believe legally all flanged fillers will be changed during the coming year).

You shouldn't have any real problems when you replace the wood - as it should still hopefully support the bed/seat - how much overhang do you have at the moment? - ours was a pain as we'd fitted the Autohomes interior ourselves using the hinges, and changed it over to rock and roll when we fitted the LPG - was mostly a case of trial and error to get it in the right spot, but that's always the case with rock and roll anyway - plus our middle bed cushion/seat back is ridiculously high - which added to the fun.......at most you may need to shift the whole bed/seat forward a little, but hopefully that's unlikely. I can't do camera photo's at the moment as my PC is busted and this is young Toms - minimum programmes on it - but I'll send you a phone snapshot to show where ours comes forward to - bearing in mind the tank is virtually as far back towards the slope as is possible........ :D

"HEY, LOOK AT MY CAR"

I bid you farewell.......for now.......

Martin
80-90 Mem No: 743

Post by Martin »

just got an autosleeper trident t25, converted by leicester autogas services and the tank is in the locker infront of the wardrobe above the gas bottle locker 70 ltr tank too. impressed
filler inside of van in front of wheel arch. not so impressed?
martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

kevtherev

tank

Post by kevtherev »

VERY interested any pics? :D

Martin

Post by Martin »

here ya go
ImageImage
Last edited by Martin on 31 Jan 2006, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

kevtherev

tank

Post by kevtherev »

Can't see pics.......Grrrrrrrr!

Mash
80-90 Mem No: 2251

Post by Mash »

Our filler is behind the letterbox - much tidyness and great when you have someone in a 4x4 opposite you looking at you as if you've got 4 heads thinking "stupid bint is at an LPG pump". Then pull down the letterbox and hey presto - the sheer satifsaction of the I wish I had something like that look as he gazes to his hole in the side of his precious toy and at your disguised filler is just wonderful :D :D :D

Don't know anything about bulkheads but we got ours put in the wardrobe just need to build round it a bit to replace the ripped out backpanel. As we got it done when we just got the van we have never been away without the LPG so the wardrobe is not missed.
Matt & Ash

1983 2.1DJ LPG Westy Club Joker 5M
2010 2.0 T5 Multivan 132kW Comfortline(Aus Spec)

Martin

Post by Martin »

you should be able to see them now????? 8)
martin

kevtherev

tank

Post by kevtherev »

Thank you martin, I love it, I never thought about that...but the wife was not keen...a barrage of where's this gonna go, and that, and what about.......jeepers!

So its under the bed for her...... :roll:

and thanks everyone else...fitting day is 10th feb