homologation

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bruce
80-90 Mem No: 9346

homologation

Post by bruce »

hi, i have a 1987 bluestar, 2.1 wbx, I´m looking to swop on to spanish plates in tenerife, however it can be complicated here, does anyone know if this vehicle has a homalgation number & is it printed on the vehicle somewhere,it will make the job so much simpler if it has one..?

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: homologation

Post by 1664 »

VIN number. On paper sticker RHS front bulkhead cross member or chassis under & behind RHD front door (I think).
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

It will need to be inspected anyway to confirm "Homologado" and to be issued wih a "ficha técnica reducida". This will most likely be somewhere other than the ITV test centre - which needs to be your next stop.

Then it's off to the office which I forget the name of.. to pay your road tax. Then it's possibly import tax time depending on your residency status.... and another possible purchase tax depending on how long you've owned it and if you bought it privately - this goes to the local council.

Last stop is the Trafico for registration - take all the papers & passport and wait around a long time untill you are given some more papers to take next door and hand in there. Come back the next day and pick up your reg doc and go next door again for your plates.

All this can only be done once you have returned your UK docs to DVLA to confirm permanent export of the vehicle. Total cost is around 350 YoYos (not including import & purchase taxes if you get hit for them)

Spanish red tape, don't you just love it - and some folk think it's tricky to import a car to the UK

Personally I reckon that for the added cost balanced up against the hassle I'd use one of he small companies ha offer this serice to ex-pats for a fee

Good luck with it all
What a long strange trip it's been

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Type approval number is stamped on the vin plate on the offside door pillar underneath the words Volswagen AG that's the one needed

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

andisnewsyncro wrote:All this can only be done once you have returned your UK docs to DVLA to confirm permanent export of the vehicle.

You don't do that bit any more - all you do is send Swansea the "permanent export" slip from the V5C. They don't send you anything other, just flag it on their record - and you give the rest of the V5C to the registration authorities in the country you're registering it in.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

AdrianC wrote:
andisnewsyncro wrote:All this can only be done once you have returned your UK docs to DVLA to confirm permanent export of the vehicle.

You don't do that bit any more - all you do is send Swansea the "permanent export" slip from the V5C. They don't send you anything other, just flag it on their record - and you give the rest of the V5C to the registration authorities in the country you're registering it in.

Sorry, that's kind of what I meant Basically the DVLA have to be able to confirm to the Spanish auhorities that the vehicle has been exported as you can't have a vehicle registered in 2 different countries.
What a long strange trip it's been

bruce

Post by bruce »

andisnewsyncro wrote:It will need to be inspected anyway to confirm "Homologado" and to be issued wih a "ficha técnica reducida". This will most likely be somewhere other than the ITV test centre - which needs to be your next stop.

Then it's off to the office which I forget the name of.. to pay your road tax. Then it's possibly import tax time depending on your residency status.... and another possible purchase tax depending on how long you've owned it and if you bought it privately - this goes to the local council.

Last stop is the Trafico for registration - take all the papers & passport and wait around a long time untill you are given some more papers to take next door and hand in there. Come back the next day and pick up your reg doc and go next door again for your plates.

All this can only be done once you have returned your UK docs to DVLA to confirm permanent export of the vehicle. Total cost is around 350 YoYos (not including import & purchase taxes if you get hit for them)

Spanish red tape, don't you just love it - and some folk think it's tricky to import a car to the UK

Personally I reckon that for the added cost balanced up against the hassle I'd use one of he small companies ha offer this serice to ex-pats for a fee

Good luck with it all
Hi Thanks for the advice, as for using one of them companys that sort it out for you, well i own that company, i just needed to know where the number is..thanks again

bruce

Post by bruce »

AdrianC wrote:

i don't know where you've got your info from,but there's a ton of red tape here...

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

andisnewsyncro wrote:Basically the DVLA have to be able to confirm to the Spanish auhorities that the vehicle has been exported as you can't have a vehicle registered in 2 different countries.

I don't know about the Spanish, but I'd very much doubt that DVLA bother to contact the registration authority when you import a vehicle...
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

AdrianC wrote:
andisnewsyncro wrote:Basically the DVLA have to be able to confirm to the Spanish auhorities that the vehicle has been exported as you can't have a vehicle registered in 2 different countries.

I don't know about the Spanish, but I'd very much doubt that DVLA bother to contact the registration authority when you import a vehicle...

Spanish authority will contact DVLA though to confirm Spanish import and registration and to ensure that the VIN number is marked as exported by DVLA

same as we import a van, DVLA tell German authority that vehicle now UK registered then they cut the corner off the German reg docs and give them back, you can't then reregister in Germany without going through the import procedure, the Germans check the chassis vin as well as the door plate when issuing export docs in their system, I know, I had to scrape the underseal off and show it to them