CAN YOU HELP IDENTIFY MY T25?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Fraggle74

CAN YOU HELP IDENTIFY MY T25?

Post by Fraggle74 »

Hi. I've just joined and am very new to the VW campervan scene. I am COMPLETELY addicted and look forward to meeting you guys at some of the meets etc. I have a 1982 air cooled 2.0L T25 but I cannot find out what model it is. The guy I bought it off said it has a Viking interior but other than that didnt have a clue. Here are a few photos of her. If anyone could help it would be fantastic! Happy motoring.
shelley005[1].jpg
shelley006[1].jpg

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: CAN YOU HELP IDENTIFY MY T25?

Post by 1664 »

Do you have any pictures of the interior? I certainly don't recognise that style of roof - looks too small for there to be a bed up there. There might be a name moulded on the hightop somewhere. 'Viking' or 'Xplorer' conversions had a spacemaker pop top style of roof, really big things. Maybe if the interior is original someone did a swap at some point.
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

Looks a little bit like a Polyroof from Germany, they had the luggage bits and a front window, but I've only seen earlier ones. Not exactly the same but the mouldings on the side are similar... There's one here

Don't forget it's quite possible that the interior and the roof are from different companies.

If you can't identify it, don't worry - you'll still enjoy it
What a long strange trip it's been

Fraggle74

Post by Fraggle74 »

Thanks....it does look very similar yeah, we wondered if someone had customised the van themselves. Havent got any decent pictures of the interior but I'll try and get some sorted. Either way she's a fab old lady!

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

indeed ! ...and quite unique without looking like a car crash
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)