Radiator

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hixsy
80-90 Mem No: 7322

Radiator

Post by hixsy »

Hi, anyone got any suggestions of stuff I can leave in my radiator to clean it whilst It's off the van, I will be rad flushing itwhen I put it back on but wanna give it a soak whilst it's off just to make sure. Whilst I'm on the subject too, is the radiator like a one way thing as I can blow freely on the return outlet but the inlet is a lot easier ? Thanks
bye bye orange ! hello white !

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Re: Radiator

Post by HarryMann »

No, it shouldn't be one way AFAIK, it should blow through much the same either way, but then maybe there is some crud in it that moves and blocks one way and disperses whn blown the other..

I'd like to know too what would clean, condition and preserve...

Imagine pue water to start with, lots, but must be some proprietory stuff to clean inside of gills? I'll ask a long time mechanic, see what he says
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Post by ricicles »

it.s great wandering around your shed with a piece of your camper. inspecting it, sniffing it and blowing through it. oh boy does everything you blow through on your van taste BAD Try the frost catalogue mabee somthing there. good luck

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Yup, there's something in that Frost catalogue for everything, including making sure the underside of your captain seats emit a suitably perfumed odour if Royalty decides to inspect them on St Bernadette's Day. Any other day, person, or upholstered item and of course that'll be another product variation...
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1