T25 garage Bucks?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

triumphboy
80-90 Mem No: 8878

T25 garage Bucks?

Post by triumphboy »

Can anyone recommend a T25 garage anywhere near High Wycombe, Bucks? Initailly just need my new T25 looked over for faults (fuel lines checked etc!) and serviced.

www.berkshirebugs.co.uk aren't a million miles away, although a bit awkward for me to get to and from if leaving the van there. Anybody used them?

yellowp
80-90 Mem No: 5918

Re: T25 garage Bucks?

Post by yellowp »

If you can make it over to Chinnor in Oxon (just over the hill from West Wycombe) then you should pop in to see Chris Birks at Birks Motor Engineers (01844 353320).

He's very experienced in air-cooled VWs and regularly spends time under my T25 !

Seriously, he's very good.

foxley
80-90 Mem No: 8909

Re: T25 garage Bucks?

Post by foxley »

Whatever you do, avoid Keith Garages in Aylesbury.
Took my van there for years until one fateful day when the van needed a full service and a small 'missing' problem sorted.
Have it here at 0830 they said, so I did.
It just so happens that I was working in a unit overlooking the car park and noticed my van did not move into the workshop until 1515.
It stayed there about an hour and was then driven 500 yards down the road and back for its so called test drive.
When I went to collect it they wanted £220 and told me my back box was rusting and recommended it be replaced and could find nothing else wrong.
I told them to go ahead and change it as it was under a two year warranty as they should have known as they changed it a year ago.
I stayed calm and politely asked how long a full service should take and how far is their test drive.
On being given the figures I then blew up and demanded the manager.
He apologised and then arranged to do the job properly.
They had the van for two more days and fixed the problem.(Leads)
I told him that I had used the garage for many years but would never return.
I never have.
If only garages had a viewing deck for customers.
20 years owner of 1985 Autosleeper T25 1.9 watercooled.