where do i stand

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

thebeach2008
80-90 Mem No: 8381

where do i stand

Post by thebeach2008 »

does anyone know or have experience of getting a garage to fix something that happened in there care, you can see from my previous post that my van wentin for a tune up and was test driven, only for me to jump in it to collect it and not be able to get the van out of a jammed 4th gear, do we have rights here or can they say it was just bad timing your thoughts would be great thanks
1987 1.9 dg watercooled camper

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: where do i stand

Post by Plasticman »

Dents,scratches , cig burns etc easyish but your gears are not so straight forward, you would have to sort of prove that they caused the failure or that their lack of care caused it, not easy nor likely,
You could print off the replies dealing with this and sort of diplomaticaly ask them to put it on the lift and have a nosey
mike

DiscoDave
80-90 Mem No: 684

Post by DiscoDave »

I'm assuming that you've taken it away from the garage? I'd pay for what you've asked them to do, get them to fix it and then let them argue about who's paying later.

thebeach2008
80-90 Mem No: 8381

Post by thebeach2008 »

thanks everyone , the garage came thru in the end i got a call this morning saying that it was fixed , and he said to just give him a tenner , which im cool with cheers everyone
1987 1.9 dg watercooled camper