Newbie Question

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Stichley
80-90 Mem No: 1595

Newbie Question

Post by Stichley »

First of all the is the first post since 2006 so i declare me self a newbie again because i have just got back into the vw thing again as you do. Bought a van 3 days ago. Now the technical Question I have not a clue weather the lesiure battery is working ok or if the lights are coming off the main battery the fridge doesnt seem to work on 240. In a nut shell i need someone in the shropshire area that does this sort of thing electrics are not my thing just want someone to check everything out really and fix what ever needs doing. Happy to pay the going rate but want some who knows there stuff not the i'll have a look at it and bodge it type. The previous owner had never used the electrics. I no thats a lot to ask but hopefully i can put some work someones way and get everything sorted
Thanx in advance Neal
There's only one way of life
And that's your own

dirtygertie
80-90 Mem No: 4501

Re: Newbie Question

Post by dirtygertie »

hiya

cant help with proper fixy type things but one way to find out which battery your lights work off is to disconnect the leisure battery....if the lights still work they run off your main battery
Karen x

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun. -hmmmmm

1982 2l Aircooled with a name!

Stichley
80-90 Mem No: 1595

Post by Stichley »

Told you electrics wasnt my thing. why didnt i think of that will try it thanx for the speedy reply
There's only one way of life
And that's your own

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

Try a pm to disco dave.....one of the best electricians I know....and he's oooop Norrff....just dunno how close!
Will check your 240V hookup and make sure it all meets regulations and is safe.
Em
x
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG