UK Regsitration - Oooops !

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Gaztop

UK Regsitration - Oooops !

Post by Gaztop »

1 - Can anyone confirm (or direct me to an official "directgov/DVLA" site) weather I can drive my Imported T3 on UK roads for 6 Months? I registered the vehicle for export in Germany myself (with some help!), I have an 'export' document and EXPIRED German plates?

2 - Can 80-90 authorise the age of my T3 bus? I have bee informed by DVLA that clubs can do this. From the original documents I think it left VW Wolfsburg 19.04.88, then Flensburg 14.06.88, and First Registered 15.NOV.88. :D

SyncroSwede
80-90 Mem No: 4977

Re: UK Regsitration - Oooops !

Post by SyncroSwede »

I believe the 6 month rule applies to vehicles fully registered, insured and MOTed (or equivalent if necessary) abroad.

If you bring any other vehicle into the UK (which seems to be your circumstances), you will need an MOT (on the chassis number) then register it with your local DVLA registration office, who usually want to see the VIN plates etc to be sure it is genuine. They will then issue you a UK reg number and you can then tax it.

You may drive any imported vehicle from the port of entry to a place of storage or your home address and then to the testing station and back (then reg office) only. It must be insured and roadworthy even if it has no MOT. More than this is not allowed.

http://www.monsho.com/t3selector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link appeared on another post recently and is one way of checking your paperwork is good, although not 100%.

I have only brought a new vehicle into the country so others may come along with more/different who have brought an older VW in.

:ok
1989 16" Syncro 2.1l WBX… replaced by a 2010 T5 GP

armyphil
80-90 Mem No: 6328

Re: UK Regsitration - Oooops !

Post by armyphil »

I don't know if it's the same but I have to get a customs form a dreg form the when I get to the uki have to MOT the van take my docs and insurance to a DVLA office. Then they give me my new reg number oh and don't forget to take cash foryour tax disc
You can say alot of of things with "ar"

1984 syncro westfalia