Big Thanks

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

simple
80-90 Mem No: 4154

Big Thanks

Post by simple »

Finished replacing the fuel tank the weekend, 1981 2.0ltr Aircooled. Found a good early tank, cleaned up, vactan & 4 x coats of rustoleum :ok

Replaced all the breather pipes & fuel lines, repaired the holes screwed into the top of my breather bottles by 'autohomes' self tappers.

Many thanks to Scott (holeydub on 4 wheels) for saving my life with a early metal filler pipe, and a big thanks to my 10yr old son for handing me tools and at one point crawling under the van to connect up breather pipes and fuel sender and generally picking up my spirits with his enthusiasm.

One job down 999 to go :D :D :D
Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint. -Mark Twain

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Big Thanks

Post by Aidan »

big hand to you, especially for involving your son, another convert :ok

samk
80-90 Mem No: 6330

Post by samk »

well done! mine was replaced recently but by the mechanic as I wouldnt know where to start. benefit of doing it yourself i that you know it's properly protected now!
83 2ltr Air-Cooled Autohomes Kamper. Kamper roof died. Fitted an original Westy Pop-top.

simple
80-90 Mem No: 4154

Post by simple »

Aidan wrote:big hand to you, especially for involving your son, another convert :ok

Oh yes, he's a bit obsessed. Him and his sister make little people out of scraps and he recently wanted a camper van for them all. Looking on ebay he decided that the playmobil stuff would be a suitable size, so we got him one for his birthday. He has already ripped out the interior and made his own. The other day he was complaining cos it wasn't big enough, (he needs to sleep 7 little folk).
I suggested he get a playmobil bus and rip the seats out. :D :D :D :D

What have I done, turned my son into a crusty hippy :D
Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint. -Mark Twain