Seasonal Fluctuations in Price

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ali140128
80-90 Mem No: 7031

Seasonal Fluctuations in Price

Post by Ali140128 »

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a T25 anytime from now with a view to using next spring / summer (we have a one year old and dont want to start going away when it's too dark / cold - we live in Aberdeen where it's dark and cold enough). I'm after a high-top with a budget of around 6k. My conundrum is - do I buy now and store over the winter, or buy in the spring when it's dearer but ready to use?. With that in mind, I was just wondering what peoples experience / views are on the seasonal fluctuations in price of a camper (now vs spring). Are they significant?

Cheers

Ali

sandwedge
80-90 Mem No: 7352

Re: Seasonal Fluctuations in Price

Post by sandwedge »

Because your not in a rush I would use the time to see plenty of van. This way you will get a good understanding of whats out there for the money, and also use the time to gain some experience about where they rot.
Seasonal prices dont seem to vary that much, van just seem to sell slower at this time of year, however that said good vans still sell.

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

I agree with sandwedge, look at as many as you can and don't rush into it. However, if the right van for you comes up sooner rather than later, grab it and spend the next couple of months "getting to know it", servicing it, finding out how everything works, what doesn't work, what needs tinkering and tweaking with etc, so that when it is time to go on that all important first trip, you know everything will be as it should be
:ok
What a long strange trip it's been

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

Seasonal price may not be a massive issue, but seasonal availability is. There will be a lot more people looking for a good van in spring so decent ones will be snapped up a lot quicker. I would agree with what others have said. Use this time to do your homework but if in doing so you find "THE ONE" for you then I would snap it up even if it means storing it for a few months.
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

Snap one up and use it daily for work. They don't like sitting idle for months on end.....well mine didn't

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

if you go petrol you may want to LPG it (halve your fuel costs) around £1000 to do - factor it in to purchase price.

Gasure (THE MAN for all that is LPG) are normally booked weeks or perhaps months in advance...

Enjoy looking for it,
enjoy driving it more!!!

Em
x
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG