low emmision zone

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

chrismont20

low emmision zone

Post by chrismont20 »

HI i have a prob and i dont know if im the only one WORRYING but i have bought a t25 1.6 diesel 81 plate and have got it in my garage and just found out about the low emmision zone in london and has i live in london it seemed worrying so i rang them up and gave my reg and model and they said it wouldnt meet emmisions standards required by transport for london and would have to modify my vehicle fitting abatement equipment or pay £200 a day to go through the zone even though IT PASSED M.O.T EMMISIONS TESTS .and has i live in london this isnt a option and this goes for any diesel over a certain weight and age soo look out i dont know how much it is to modify a diesel but sounds alot can ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON HOW MUCH?AND ANY MORE ON THE LEZ SUBJECT THANKS EVERYONE

John Potter
80-90 Mem No: 6490

Re: low emmision zone

Post by John Potter »

Low emission zone for that vehicle is currently suspended - due to kick in 2012 (was 2010). There's some info on the web, try TFL site - see quote below.

"How do I know if my motor caravan is affected by the Low Emission Zone (LEZ)?
Mayor's proposed Air Quality Strategy, 'Clearing the Air", confirms the continued suspension of Low Emission Zone regulations for large vans and minibuses until 2012. Find out More.

It depends very much on its weight. If it is over 2.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight, meaning it has the same emissions characteristics as a heavier van or truck, then it is affected by the LEZ.
If the vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight, it is affected from 7 July 2008. If it is between 2.5 and 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight, it is not affected until 10 October 2010."

chrismont20

Post by chrismont20 »

hi i rang again and they said that to ring in january and they will know more because of the suspension and that it will happen and they are in meetings about it over the year which im gutted im all for cleaner air but have very little money at the moment i cannot afford to modify i dont think so maybe have to sell

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

So what's the situation with T25's running on petrol then? (Sorry, ignorant northerner)

It's a long shot but Maybe someone would be willing to do a trade for a similar petrol van.

Got to be worth a try before giving up on T25's altogether.
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

You can get it exempt i have the paper work from lez.Get your van registered as a motor caravan with dvlc if its not allready mine was a panel van. Take photos of the vin plate with the weight of the vehicle & present evidence of the t25 manufactures vehicle spec weight mine is registered with dvlc & lez as unladen 1480 gross weight 2460 body type motor caravan i will list its compliance status.
phase 1 from 18th june 2008 to 6th jul 2008 pre euro not subject to lez
phase 2 from 7th july 2008 to 3rd oct 2010 pre euro not subject to lez
phase 3 from 4th oct 2010 to 2nd jan 2012 pre euro not subject to lez
phase 4 from 3rd jan 2012 pre euro not subject to lez.

Dont no after 2012 but its okay till then.
Last edited by camper on 25 Oct 2009, 07:28, edited 2 times in total.

Tatty Chap
80-90 Mem No: 5626

Post by Tatty Chap »

How do you change the vehicle description
Mine is a Private Light Goods vehicle, but is a Hitop camper

Are they reluctant, or is it simple?
2.0l 1983 Aircooled Hitop

camper

Post by camper »

On the registration document private light goods is for taxation class status .But body type can be classed as motor caravan if it isnt you will need to submit evidence to the dvlc.I took photographs of the conversion such as the side lifting roof and inside the van with its cooker unit sink&fridge.Dvlc need to be convinced that the van is a motor caravan conversion as panel van owners revising the body plan on the registration doc can be refused from what i hear.

camper

Post by camper »

camper wrote:On the registration document private light goods is for taxation class status .But body type can be classed as motor caravan if it isnt you will need to submit evidence to the dvlc.I took photographs of the conversion such as the side lifting roof and inside the van with its cooker unit sink&fridge.Dvlc need to be convinced that the van is a motor caravan conversion as panel van owners revising the body plan on the registration doc can be refused from what i hear.
Thats not to say one could not have a camper van conversion in a panel van its a case of submitting evidence to the dvlc for the body plan on the vehicles registration docs.

John Potter
80-90 Mem No: 6490

Post by John Potter »

72BUG wrote:So what's the situation with T25's running on petrol then? (Sorry, ignorant northerner)

It's a long shot but Maybe someone would be willing to do a trade for a similar petrol van.

Got to be worth a try before giving up on T25's altogether.

The legislation only applies to "heavy oil" burners (aka Diesel ) so you petrol heads are OK

xpress
80-90 Mem No: 6827

Post by xpress »

What's the deal mow for the petrol 1.9 panel van brigade? Jan 2012 is coming ...

camper

Post by camper »

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/177 ... ab-panel-3 Try this link to the LEZ type in your vehicle registration see if it exempt

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

camper wrote:http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/177 ... ab-panel-3 Try this link to the LEZ type in your vehicle registration see if it exempt

This is not accurate, as most smelly diesels show as a fail, you need it inform them that it is a camper to get it exempt.

Horns is the best one to ask
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

xpress
80-90 Mem No: 6827

Post by xpress »

what would 1.9 petrol panel vans under 2.5 tonne come under? exempt?
Das AutoWagen.

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Post by bigherb »

xpress wrote:what would 1.9 petrol panel vans under 2.5 tonne come under? exempt?

Yes as the LEZ applies to diesel engines.
1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow