is this a miracle device..

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

is this a miracle device..

Post by R0B »

i doubt it meself.but they make some big claims..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUELMAX-FuelSaver ... 0381285343
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Re: is this a miracle device..

Post by T'Onion »

are you stalking me Rob , I was looking at that last night .... going to close my curtains now :mrgreen:
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

They have recently changed their ebay name - I think they got so many negatives under the old one for that piece of cr@p that they have started afresh!
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Post by T'Onion »

Oldiebut goodie wrote:They have recently changed their ebay name - I think they got so many negatives under the old one for that piece of cr@p that they have started afresh!

yup :rofl
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

Dam, no use for LPG :rofl

but this one is
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-REAL-FUEL-SAV ... 286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:rofl
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Post by Mr Bean »

I guess they make a fair few bob on the strength of prospective customers taking it at face value. But you don't see evidence in the form of scientifically controlled tests. Some would say that the childishly simple logic in the explanation does sound convincing. I would guess they would do well on QVC andsuchlike but frankly if they worked you would expect them to be included in stuff like fuel pumps and filters as the vehicle and parts manufacturers would always like to sell a more economical vehicle/product. The same product is sold for descaling your domestic water supply. If it were realy any good there would be a method of varying the magnetic flux in relation to flow rate. I think it works on the same principle as dieting products. That is to say you fit one and help it work by driving economically just to prove you didn't get stitched up.
Unless of course you like to take the view that it is kept low profile by the fuel producers in order to sell more feul. And of course they never actually went to the moon and Hitler didn't die in the bunker.
Cheers
Cynical Wolfie
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX

dugcati
80-90 Mem No: 3825

Post by dugcati »

Some funny reading on here:-
http://www.fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm
and here http://www.tuning.wanadoo.co.uk/car-eng ... adgets.htm
about this whole magnets on fuel lines thing :lol:

:rofl :rofl
Ask yourselves, why don't the manufacturers already fit these types of things? They would have an edge on the competition. If they really worked, they would fit them as standard! How much would it cost to fit say a "magnet" around a fuel pipe! Just think how much fuel a jumbo jet would save crossing the Atlantic! (10 to 20 percent claimed saving!) But the airlines don't use them either...
It is by will alone that I set my 'van' in motion!

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Post by Mr Bean »

And whats more:
Such devices are sold in the form of braclets or necklaces made from small pieces of "magnetic ore" which could well be broken industrial Rare Earth magnets (See the Manchester University Technicall Resouces website) which have been polished in a rumbler and threaded up to become healing jewelry. A similar device is the copper bracelet for treating joint pain. The claims for the copper bracelets attribute their "efficacy" to some mysterious electromagnetic affect. Anyone with even the most basic knowledge of electromagnetism will know that there is a vast diference between a closed band or an open band yet these bands can be aquired in both forms without any differetiation. I agree that these products can give comfort and even some Placibo type curative effect. But as with bottled drinking water, soy food products, chinese medicines made by repeated dilution etc. really only appeal to the simple minded or conspiracy theorists and can often displace scientifically proven medical treatment with disasterous or even fatal results. A very lucrative market to get into though!
Cheers
Wolfie
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

And of course, if you add ALL these fuel savers, adding up all the 5%, 21% and 10% savings as you go, eventually you'll be able to drive around for nothing :rofl
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

dugcati
80-90 Mem No: 3825

Post by dugcati »

hadnt thought of that one covkid... maybe if I went for ALL of them the petrol companies would pay me/I could run on fresh air :ok :lol:
It is by will alone that I set my 'van' in motion!

T-3PO
80-90 Mem No: 4766

Post by T-3PO »

I came across this one sometime ago when I was looking for intercoolers electric supercharger on ebay and promptly thought "what a load of shiet!" I then read this article a couple of days ago and looked at the actual company that makes it.

All in all it does make for some interesting reading and some drooling at the potential for the van! ... i just wonder how much it would cost?????
We're doomed!