Someone stole my friend's van!

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Helga
80-90 Mem No: 6114

Someone stole my friend's van!

Post by Helga »

Some bas'''d stole my friend's T25 camper, I can't believe it... so, she and I have decided security is the key. When she gets her new van... Bob's replacement, she intends to fit extra security, and I intend to do the same on my van now! So, help please! I know that this should be a 'pm' job, so will await responses there - what we'd like to fit is a remote controlled switch on the starter, os that possible? What wire to attatch it to? Where? Etc... any help would be most appreciated!

Oh, and as a matter of interest, what do you think I should insure my rust free westfalia poptop 1982 Aircooled basically A1 condition van for?

Thanks!

Panic!! :roll:

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Re: Someone stole my friend's van!

Post by Fritz »

Van Security::: Try something obvious and very mechanical such as a Wheel Clamp on a front wheel or a Disclock on the steering wheel or even a Clutch Claw that will hold both the clutch and the brake together, or just a simple good quality ground anchor used to secure motorbikes attached to the steering wheel.

If you do nothing then you can only blame your self as these vehicles are not the hardest machines in the world to get into without causing any damage....

There was a spate of vans going missing from the Manchester area at this time of year a couple of years ago and only one of six was ever recovered,,,,, :shock:

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,,,, :D
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....

treacle
80-90 Mem No: 6610

Re: Someone stole my friend's van!

Post by treacle »

Helga wrote:Some bas'''d stole my friend's T25 camper, I can't believe it... so, she and I have decided security is the key. When she gets her new van... Bob's replacement, she intends to fit extra security, and I intend to do the same on my van now! So, help please! I know that this should be a 'pm' job, so will await responses there - what we'd like to fit is a remote controlled switch on the starter, os that possible? What wire to attatch it to? Where? Etc... any help would be most appreciated!

Oh, and as a matter of interest, what do you think I should insure my rust free westfalia poptop 1982 Aircooled basically A1 condition van for?

Thanks!

Panic!! :roll:
hi i have an alarm & immobiliser and use a crook lock the more you do to deter they will move on to a essayer one