Advice to a new T25 owner

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Advice to a new T25 owner

Post by sirbraunstonquiffqc »

I recently posted a wanted ad for a T25 and now i am the proud owner of a 1987 T25 1915cc high top. This is my first van.Childhood dream come true.It's a strange feeling. I am both thrilled and terrified at the same time. I am not very technically minded but would now like to look into doing some of the mechanical/bodywork myself. The van is a good runner and probably needs some slight attention on the bodywork (usual rust bubbling). Any advice on jobs i should keep on top of or mechanical advice would be much appreciated.I want to keep the van in good condition.It's only taken nearly 40 years to fulfill my dream and i don't want it turning into a nightmare!!!

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Re: Advice to a new T25 owner

Post by eatcustard »

Welcome

look here

http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

The Haynes manual will give you a list in the first few chapters of things that may or may not need servicing although from my experience of v-dubs, if its running well, just pay attention to oil and water. They are fairly forgiving.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

horns
80-90 Mem No: 6743

Post by horns »

Start saving...
1986 Westfalia Joker 1.6TD

sussex_yellow
80-90 Mem No: 4938

Post by sussex_yellow »

Mate, You sound exactly like me ! At the stunning age of 40+ last year I got a 1.9DG Hi top. My advice:
1) Save up for the big jobs.
2) Do the small jobs yourself, getting help from this site
3) Enjoy ! :ok
Get off my tail man cant you see Im in a wedge !

poptop2
80-90 Mem No: 5843

Post by poptop2 »

sussex_yellow wrote:Mate, You sound exactly like me ! At the stunning age of 40+ last year I got a 1.9DG Hi top. My advice:
1) Save up for the big jobs.
2) Do the small jobs yourself, getting help from this site
3) Enjoy ! :ok
In my experience with vw campers it pays to heed the aussie saying - if it aint broke don't fix it - if your going for concours i hope your wealthy , they are great fun as weekender and well planned longer breaks , not the best or most ecconomical every day vehicle , i am pretty new to t25s myself but have some expeience with aircoolled bays and the best advice i can give you is to service reguarly and at proper intervals ( this is easy enough ) and pay attention to brakes .
Air on a shoe string

Its poptop2 really -- latebay owner but missing his wedge !.