Need VW sympathetic garage near Plymouth.

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

damesb
80-90 Mem No: 0

Need VW sympathetic garage near Plymouth.

Post by damesb »

I have a couple of problems with my 1985 Type25 (1900cc Petrol) which I would be happier with a garage looking at rather than risk breaking anything else! :shock:

Firstly, I need to replace the exhaust but only managed to remove 4 nuts before the 5th one snapped (leaving about 10mm of thread remaining).

Secondly, I may have a cooling issue. In the last few months I've had to replace 2 coolant pipes and the expansion tank and I'm worried the cooling system is getting pressurised from a leaking head gasket.

So, I'm looking for a mechanic or garage in the Plymouth area that could give my engine the once over and replace the exhaust. Any ideas?

Damian.

T25 bad boy
80-90 Mem No: 7359

Re: Need VW sympathetic garage near Plymouth.

Post by T25 bad boy »

damesb wrote:I have a couple of problems with my 1985 Type25 (1900cc Petrol) which I would be happier with a garage looking at rather than risk breaking anything else! :shock:

Firstly, I need to replace the exhaust but only managed to remove 4 nuts before the 5th one snapped (leaving about 10mm of thread remaining).

Secondly, I may have a cooling issue. In the last few months I've had to replace 2 coolant pipes and the expansion tank and I'm worried the cooling system is getting pressurised from a leaking head gasket.

So, I'm looking for a mechanic or garage in the Plymouth area that could give my engine the once over and replace the exhaust. Any ideas?

Damian.
Hi Damian, You should give Phil Davies a ring on 01752 664471, he specializes in VW. He is based in Emma Place, Stonehouse! :D

damesb
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by damesb »

Thank you! I will give him a call.

Damian.

futbus
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1266

Post by futbus »

Hi were just up the road in newton abbot, if you still need a hand.

T25 bad boy
80-90 Mem No: 7359

Post by T25 bad boy »

Hi Damian, did Phil Davies sort you out? :D