Monthly insurance

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

the White Nomad

Monthly insurance

Post by the White Nomad »

Not technical but is there anyone i can get to insure my camper for 2 months till its taken off the road for, cheers?

SyncroSwede
80-90 Mem No: 4977

Re: Monthly insurance

Post by SyncroSwede »

Possibly the simplest solution is to take a years policy, pay by direct debit then cancel it.
(Check how much the cancellation fee is first.)

No need to tell them it's only for 2 months.
1989 16" Syncro 2.1l WBX… replaced by a 2010 T5 GP

peteabbott
80-90 Mem No: 4672

Post by peteabbott »

I use mine as a daily runner May to October then transfer the insurance to my car for the winter and it costs me £3 admin. I pay premiums monthly so pay less for the winter when the car is on the road (very reliable 94 cavalier actually) Bit of a poof when it comes to winter camping but there ya go and it gives me a bit of playtime to sort her out for the season.
Pete Abbott

fix
80-90 Mem No: 6345

Post by fix »

peteabbott wrote:I use mine as a daily runner May to October then transfer the insurance to my car for the winter and it costs me £3 admin. I pay premiums monthly so pay less for the winter when the car is on the road (very reliable 94 cavalier actually) Bit of a poof when it comes to winter camping but there ya go and it gives me a bit of playtime to sort her out for the season.

Wish i could do that,because ive got a panel van my insurance say i can only swap over to another van not a car (HIC)