westfaliacampervans.com - Milton Keynes

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

thangi thangi
80-90 Mem No: 7213

Re: westfaliacampervans.com - Milton Keynes

Post by thangi thangi »

I have just bought a bluestar from these guys. It looked ok to me with my limited knowledge, although I used to own a really bad 25 so I looked at all the areas where that was bad. Just hope that I havent bought a pig in a poke as I can ill afford to waste the money and it wasnt cheap. Could do with a bit of good news anybody got any?
I pick it up on Friday docs with DVLA. Now wondering if I have done the right thing. :?

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

thangi thangi wrote:I have just bought a bluestar from these guys. It looked ok to me with my limited knowledge, although I used to own a really bad 25 so I looked at all the areas where that was bad. Just hope that I havent bought a pig in a poke as I can ill afford to waste the money and it wasnt cheap. Could do with a bit of good news anybody got any?
I pick it up on Friday docs with DVLA. Now wondering if I have done the right thing. :?

Just see how it pans out for you, give the van a thorough going over when you collect it, note anything that wants doing and don't forget that at the end of the day you're buying from a dealer, so you should have some protection against the unforseen...

Enjoy your new van and stick some photos on here for everyone to see, you'll find yourself reading more and more stuff on this forum as the months go by. It's agreat resource, there are some very knowlegable people on here for any questions you may have and it's all pretty friendly too :ok
What a long strange trip it's been

weldore
80-90 Mem No: 5833

Post by weldore »

i saw this ,this morning but was too afraid to comment :|
the word 'pissing' is safe

Dave and gail.....1983 Pop Top 1.9n/a diesel (aka Ready Steady Eddie)

Mr Soft
80-90 Mem No: 5003

Post by Mr Soft »

Have you tried Andy at 'campervans4u.co.uk' (I think)? Good low mileage vans with history. Located near Stanstead.

Mr Soft
Soft & Re-arranged!!

Blue Moonraker
80-90 Mem No: 7316

Post by Blue Moonraker »

Hi Purplecrocs, Weve also have been looking at the Westfaliacampers.com guy. It seems he's recently changed his trading name to Right Vehicles still at MK. I only noticed this because the original website went down and all his vehicles on Autotrader suddenly had a new traders logo listed under them :?:
I think he also has two vehicles on Ebay at the moment listed as seller "Californiacampers". Good luck with your search Ruby :D
Ps Thanks to all the posters on this thread for all the info :wink: :wink:
Its on the road to Nowhere, no one passes by.
No one comes to Norfolk, without a reason why.
1989 Red Westy California

purplecrocs
80-90 Mem No: 7448

Post by purplecrocs »

we have a van now (hurrah) didn't end up checking these people out. But just to let anyone else know so they can make an informed decision we came across somebody else trading from Milton Keynes advertising Californias/Atlantics as a sole trader on preloved, but they had the same surname as the owner of westfaliacampervans.com. Not saying there is anything wrong with this or them, just letting you know so you can form your own decisions.

T-3PO
80-90 Mem No: 4766

Post by T-3PO »

I think he's defintley changing/up to something, I'm sure his signage on the front used to say simply "www.westfaliacampervans.com" yet when I drove past today it was "www." then a great big space before "campervans.com" ... what happened to the "Westfalia"???
We're doomed!

smudge
80-90 Mem No: 7162

Post by smudge »

I too noticed via Autotrader that they had changed their name to Right Vehicles, not one I would associate with selling campers/T25's/Westfalia's, whatever. Still, you can read into that what you will.....

I put a post up about this company in the general section a while ago, and wished I hadn't :roll: :D

I had noticed as I'm sure others have that they do have some very nice looking vans on their website, and was tempted to go and have a look. So as this is a great forum for info and advice, my question seemed a valid one but boy, did it open a can of worms!

I never really got to the bottom of exactly what the 'problem' was either, however clearly threads and posts etc have been removed from this and other forums in the past, so that indicates something....good or bad.

That said he is clearly still trading and it would seem successfully, so someone must be buying the vans. I guess as with all things use your common sense, and if you're not sure, take someone with you who is.

Surely if they were acting improperly or illegally (?) then they wouldn't still be trading??

And lets face it, there are plenty of people out there selling rogue buses privately, especially bays and splits at the moment, all cashing in on the current 'campervan craze'. You could get ripped off just about anywhere if you aren't armed with the right information before you view.

That's why I spend hours reading the wiki...... :D :roll:

purplecrocs
80-90 Mem No: 7448

Post by purplecrocs »

I too was intrigued by the deleted threads of forums... but then found out if you view googles 'cached' version of the pages, you can see what was there! :wink:

Blue Moonraker

Post by Blue Moonraker »

Thats very good advice Smudge. It always makes you question as to why any company changes it's trading name. In this case you would like to think that the simple and honest answer could be that the Westy imports are getting more harder to find and he is moving into other vehicles and Westfalia in the the business title would be misleading? But you still have to wonder why. We have funds in place and are looking, thankfully we are not in a hurry and advice like yours is much appreciated. :ok

smudge

Post by smudge »

Blue Moonraker wrote:Thats very good advice Smudge. It always makes you question as to why any company changes it's trading name. In this case you would like to think that the simple and honest answer could be that the Westy imports are getting more harder to find and he is moving into other vehicles and Westfalia in the the business title would be misleading? But you still have to wonder why. We have funds in place and are looking, thankfully we are not in a hurry and advice like yours is much appreciated. :ok

And good luck in your search! The right van is out there for you somewhere I'm sure, just take your time and in the meantime learn as much as you can before you buy.

You never know, someone on here might come on and say something good about Right Vehicles, or whatever they're called...... :roll: :D

Blue Moonraker

Post by Blue Moonraker »

Hi all, Just an update on trader names : What was Westfaliacampervans.com changed to Right Vehicles. Just noticed on Autotrader now trading as Justwestys.Com. :? Must be keeping his local printer's busy just keeping those business cards up to date :!:

smudge

Post by smudge »

You're right Blue Moonraker, they are now called Just Westys.

I've been exchanging emails with the owner Doug over the last week or so as I was keen to go and have a look at the burgundy Westy he had advertised recently. It was a 2.1 California, imported from the US. It was over my budget (advertised at £14k..... :shock: ) but I was curious to see how good it really was, i.e what is the best you can buy...? And I must admit that I wanted to just see for myself whether or not he 'performed' in the manner as previously 'discussed', as it were....

I didn't actually get to see it as it sold within a few days of being advertised, so I can't comment on the van itself as I didn't see it in the flesh.

However it's only fair to point out that Doug answered all my emails promptly, and answered in detail all the questions I asked (lots!) and supplied loads of extra photos too. He was always polite and seemed very helpful.

As I say I didn't get to see the van (although I have to say it did look good in the pics) but just wanted to report to others that he was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable about the vans he sells.

Speak as you find....... :roll: :roll:

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

The US didn't get Califonias.
Alarm bells should be ringing.
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks