Urgent advice needed, just about to buy a T25

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

newt25

Urgent advice needed, just about to buy a T25

Post by newt25 »

Hi all, I am a Late Bay window owner and a T25 has just come on the market for £1500 which appears to be very good, but of course things could be different when I actually go to view. I am about to look at it in 2 hours time and the main thing I want to know is about the camper converison type. I know all about Bay conversions (devon, westy etc) but not much about T25.

Could someone take a look at these photos and tell me if it's a homebrew, or if someone recognises the interior as an official conversion. If anyone else spots anything in the pics that looks odd, let me know. It has 12 months MOT, 1983 and I believe it has the 1.9 petrol engine. I am told the engine is absolutely spot on, and there is no body rott. It has been handpainted a while ago which could cover some bad stuff, but I am familiar with the Rustoleum roller technique so no problem as long as the body is good.

IMAGES HERE : http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww61/logicred/t25/

I am told that a shabby t25 goes for around the £2000 - £2500 mark which seems a bit steep to me so this particular vehicle does seem like a bargain if all is in order.

Thanks for any help you can give. Also, I could do with a list of chassis + engine numbers if someone has a link.

newt25

Re: Urgent advice needed, just about to buy a T25

Post by newt25 »

Also, which is the more desirable of engines for the T25? Thanks

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

imo.the 2.1 is the best petrol engine.that van looks well worth the asking price.not sure about what conversion it is though.
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

similar interior style to the Autohomes but maybe someone will recognise the pop top which has the single latching side panels with windows.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior