Karcher pressure washer repair

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Karcher pressure washer repair

Post by meggles »

Anyone know anything about K'A'rcher pressure washers please? It appears the capacitor on mine has gone. It has emitted a grey coloured substance. The motor slowed down and then stopped. Is it worth replacing the capacitor or has something else probably caused this to go? It'll only cosy £18 ish to get a new one, or would I be better getting a new pressure washer?
Advice welcomed, thanks

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Re: Karcher pressure washer repair

Post by Fritz »

Might be able to help if you could give us a model number/build year, which should be on the ID plate ,,,, :D

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....

meggles

Post by meggles »

Hi Fritz, it's a k'a'rcher 300. that's as much as I know. the plate, a little label, is underneath and mostly rubbed away! I'm thinking it might be time to get a new one. That's a bit more beer money gone :roll:
If I can repair it great.

SplendiferousII
80-90 Mem No: 2893

Post by SplendiferousII »

Not that I fully understand these sort of things but I believe the capacitor is used only on the start up (direct on line, capacitor start) so if it was running when it died its unlikely to be the capacitor. Although it must be worth a bash first of all.

try rs-online - capacitors are measured in micro farads. (uF)

I have a 14uF one with two wires coming out of it, here in my hand now suitable for 250V, be fine on 230V (yes we are 230v not 240v have been for years too)

Pm me if you need it posting.

meggles

Post by meggles »

SplendiferousII
I know nothing about capacitors or the values you quoted. I have received the one you sent and because I trusted your judgement I have just..........

Fixed my Jet Wash !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million. I defo owe you!!!!. Big time. Thanks again mate, nice envelope too!! :ok

Thanks to you too Fritz, sorry I couldn't supply numbers, plate is almost obliterated. If it will help future projects I can send close up pic of remains of label.

SplendiferousII

Wey Hey ¬!!!!!!

I supplied a pump or something to a brazilian mining company and I found that in the motor box after it had been sent. Sat in my draw of wierd and wonderfull stuff ever since. I hord things you see.

Glad it did the job - no really I am !

SplendiferousII

Oh by the way, I am a mechanical engineer. I know nothing about electricity. Well enough to be dangerous but that it. As said. its one I happen to have no idea if its safe. But I expect it is as I think it mearly stores power and gives the motor a boast for a split second to get it spining in the right direction.

After that your into Locked rotar start up torques or something. hell it was 20 ish years ago.

meggles

Post by meggles »

SplendiferousII wrote:Oh by the way, I am a mechanical engineer. I know nothing about electricity. Well enough to be dangerous but that it. As said. its one I happen to have no idea if its safe. But I expect it is as I think it mearly stores power and gives the motor a boast for a split second to get it spining in the right direction.

After that your into Locked rotar start up torques or something. hell it was 20 ish years ago.

Eh? :? :? :? Who cares? It works. So, ... what does a Brazillian mining company use a basic karcher pressure washer for? Bet they don't have a T25 like mine!!!
Thanks again my "new" mate! :ok
BTW, I'm a nurse and know buggar all about nursing! :lol:

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Post by Fritz »

Yee Haa,,,,,
I must admit replacing the obvious faulty part (in this case) is really all you can do, coz if you don't you might as well chuck the thing in the bin..... :D

So YOU basically diagnosed and repaired the the fault, and all we did was offer some parts and some of moral support.

Nice one.....Don't you just love happy endings..... :D :D

Regards

Fritz.......
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....