tv aerial for van?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

4gearwonder
80-90 Mem No: 4604

tv aerial for van?

Post by 4gearwonder »

hi all,

Anyone recommend a good tv aerial please that seems to work ok in our vans? - I know it depends were you are and stuff, how good it works! and what budget you have :shock: Hoping spend upto about 70 top wack?

Have a digital tv, about 2 yrs old and 14 inch job, so anything that works ok with this. Any info appreciated
as usual :lol:

Cheers all!

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Re: tv aerial for van?

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
As you say depends on location etc. Some members are pleased with a small Maplins satelite dish while others are using small directional aerials costing up to about £30.
I have an Avtex tv and aerial. The aerial can be used inside or out and is 14'' long so no storage problems.
I was on the Isle of Skye last week where reception is poor/non existant and a satelite dish is recommended.
I was picking up 5/6 channels with my aerial 'chucked' in the roof cupboard.
Try www.aerialsandtv.com then go to the 'tv for boats and caravan section'
Hope this helps.
Don
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

4gearwonder
80-90 Mem No: 4604

Post by 4gearwonder »

Thanks for the reply/info Don. Had a quick look at the ATV site and there seem to be lots of useful info there, so will check it out! :)

Much appreciated. Thanks!

phade
80-90 Mem No: 3376

Post by phade »

Hi everyone,

I have been down the route of looking for camping aerials in the past and to be honest I think you'll be throwing money away.

I think the best thing to have for watching TV whilst camping is Maplin's suitcase satellite kit http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I got one of those kits when they were £79.99 and I haven't looked back since. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up and the satellite receiver has an internal sat finder which is easy to use.

albertramsbottom
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5813

Post by albertramsbottom »

phade wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been down the route of looking for camping aerials in the past and to be honest I think you'll be throwing money away.

I think the best thing to have for watching TV whilst camping is Maplin's suitcase satellite kit http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I got one of those kits when they were £79.99 and I haven't looked back since. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up and the satellite receiver has an internal sat finder which is easy to use.

Yeap Ive got one of those, however there is two points I would like to mention. Firstly it does have an internal sat finder but if you dont know the general sat direction, i.e looking at other sat dishes on houses it is very hard to find the sat. Also if you are in a wooded area or if there is anything at 8 degrees in from you wont get a pic either.

Cheers
2ltr 1982 Aircooled

Street Decals
Vinyl FX Graphics
Design, Creation and application of leading edge vinyl graphics.
Vehicle signage, windows, and decals
http://www.streetdecals.co.uk

pyderi

Post by pyderi »

For me the solution is very simple! No aerials, no dishes, just a mobile connection to the internet!
With a laptop and a mobile internet connection you can have access to over 3500 channels in the world.
This new portable satellite system is cheap, light, and very complete. To know more about this system just follow http://portablesatellitesystem.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;