Sourcing Exhaust Parts

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

woll
80-90 Mem No: 2257

Sourcing Exhaust Parts

Post by woll »

Now then peeps!

First post on this forum and also first time bus owner having snapped up a 1981 2.0 litre ac manual,rhd, petrol T25/3 last week; so be gentle. Need to source parts/complete exhaust system for the above asap. Kinda knew the mainstream outlets would be as much use as a f4rt in a spacesuit, but tried nonetheless this morning to no real avail.

Am in desparate need for a nearside downpipe from manifold to heat exchanger, but reckon a complete new shooting match would pay off in long term. Any pointers? Am based in Lincs and would really love to get sorted in time for next w/e as we're headed west for a week.

Any advice greatly welcomed.
woll

1981 2litre Air Cooled Petrol T25
vee dubya virgin
member no:2257

RedSquirrel
80-90 Mem No: 1276

Post by RedSquirrel »

1989 VW T25 Holdsworth Villa 3

It's got a VW motor, a 116.8 cubic inch plant, Michelin tyres, VW suspension, VW shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new RedSquirrel bus or what?

woll

Post by woll »

T3 & shhhh..secret..I mean Red Squirrel: Thanks for getting back :D

I've already experienced the excellent service of JK with regards a new front grill & rear bumper-greatly impressed. Had done a search for exhaust parts but couldn't seem to put together the whole package. I had though already got a tailpipe and gasket from them after I'd wangled a foc/credit :wink: [Long story won't bore]

After I posted this, I began a search of my own and found GSF. I knew of them beforehand and have a branch locally so dug a little deeper. Bear in mind at the start of today I didn't know exactly what I was looking for. I do now :lol:

Anyway, Bottomline I have the whole caboodle sorted and for £100-150 cheaper than I was orignially quoted by one of the nationals this morning!!! :D
Last edited by woll on 22 Oct 2005, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
woll

vee dubya virgin

richnewton
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 521

Post by richnewton »

Hey Woll

Would be interested to know what you got and how much you paid?
cheers
rich :D
1980 Aircooled Devon Camper 2litre. Member of lobon clique.
Is T'Onion Ringo's Dad??????

woll

Post by woll »

Rich:

1 x Silencer
1 x exhaust fitting kit
2 x heat exchangers [1 nearside/1 offside]
2 x heat exchanger gaskets
2 x heat control box [ 1 nearside/1 offside]

all from gsf cost £370 inc VAT and shipping

Tail pipe and tailpipe gasket from Just Kampers about a tenner.

Hoping I've got everything I need though can't be far off in which case it won't take much effort to fetch any missing bits.

Haven't had the opportunity yet to do anything about fitting as they only came about 5pm today.

Must admit though I thought there to be a section of pipe between the heat exchanger and heat control box [x2]; though with what I've been supplied that appears not to be the case. Any ideas anyone?

P.S. There was, namely 2 x heat riser elbows which I managed to obtain from JK at an extra 120 notes :oops:
woll

vee dubya virgin