multifit alloys????

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jimpainter
80-90 Mem No: 0

multifit alloys????

Post by jimpainter »

A friend of mine is selling his wheels off his bora soon and i was wondering if they would be suitable for my van. All i know about the wheels is that they are rs4 or rs8 replicas which are multifit. I know that centre bores will probably need opening up but are multifit ok if they have the right weight rating for the van. I know the tyres have to be rated but what should the wheels be rated at? Am i right in thinking they have to be about 650kg minimum????

My van is a converted panel with a poptop, will have cupboards, bed, kids etc in it so i wasnt sure of the weight of a loaded van.
thanks in advance :ok
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

Johny B
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2003

Re: multifit alloys????

Post by Johny B »

Think you van will be around the 2 tons area, as for the multi fit wheels not for me, all them multi holes and then having to bore the centre hole out must leave it weak and with 2 tons of weight on them, would not like to think about what could happen :shock:
Member 2003

VW Camperhaus

Matt The Hat

Post by Matt The Hat »

Yeah will be weaker due to having extra holes, especially if your machining the centre bore too! Do you really want replica wheels on your van? All the halfords kids roll round on these man... The amount of good quality OE merc and later VW/Audi wheels floating about on ebay for very little cash is ridiculous!

jimpainter

Post by jimpainter »

He just offered me them cheap, dirt cheap. I thought about the holes for the studs weakening them. Have seen a couple with them on but just wasnt sure if they were safe. :ok
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

Could always weld up the other holes???
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB