garage found play in the front wheels??...pullin 2 the left

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

oldiguana
80-90 Mem No: 2720

garage found play in the front wheels??...pullin 2 the left

Post by oldiguana »

yo dudes,i was goin to take the wifes bus to have the camber and trackin done tomorrow,so just in case i got her to nip to a tyre place to swap the fronts round to see if it made any difference....they said theres no point as it makes no difference???.......and said theres play in the drivers side wheel....wouldnt tell the missus where.....so ive cancelled me appointment tomorrow n looks lark arl be brushin the snow away n tryin get the bus in me workshop for a suspension subatical.....anything to watch out for or is it all pretty much the same......jack under the swingin arms or under the chassis??...its worn an edge off both front tyres and pulls badly to the left......................
.membership no 2720

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: garage found play in the front wheels??...pullin 2 the left

Post by toomanytoys »

Depends on what direction the play is and how bad..
Most likely culprits will be the upper wishbone bushes, they wear out first usually.. with load off the suspesnion it will be quite clear.. the wishbone can move in/out and front to back if you tug on the wheel the the directions, or undo the 2 bolts holding the upper ball joint in the wishbone to wahhle the wishbone.... otherwise it could be the upper ball joint or poss the track rod end or even rack.. lower balljoints are pretty sturdy, but do wear..