what and where to buy scorpio alloys fitting things

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

oldiguana
80-90 Mem No: 2720

what and where to buy scorpio alloys fitting things

Post by oldiguana »

ive read this question a 1000 times on here but cant seem to find it now............what do i need to fit the scorpio alleys on daisy fantaisy,and wheres the best/most economical place to buy them from.........cheerz guys
.membership no 2720

T-3PO
80-90 Mem No: 4766

Re: what and where to buy scorpio alloys fitting things

Post by T-3PO »

soz, thick question but by Scorpio alloys which ones do you mean? 15" 7 (or 6?) spoke or 16" Cosworth 5 spoke?
We're doomed!

oldiguana

Post by oldiguana »

theyre 15" owduck
.membership no 2720

rick
80-90 Mem No: 4161

Post by rick »

if memory serves, you dont need anything to fit scorpio alloys. im pretty sure andy (julie and bob dog) have just removed thiers and i dont recall them needing spacers etc. his are up for grabs on the for sale board btw. try a pm to make sure :ok .

trikepete
80-90 Mem No: 5874

Post by trikepete »

hi just fitted 16inch grannie cozworths on my bus 10 mm spacers longer rear studs and front stud conversion on the front got the alloys of ebay and the fitting kit from ebay the front will need boring out to fit over front bearing cap so not a straight fit but the scorpio alloys maybe less hassle to fit but you will still need the f o r d to t 25 wheel nuts
god did not let us invent metal to only make paper clips v6 camper not in his plan that was my idea.

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Post by shepster »

As above really, the most important bit is the adapter things due to the holes being so big on the Grannie wheels there is a chance of the nuts 'pulling through' without them.

There's a guy called 'Fireturk' on here that sells them.

I have Cossie wheels on my van with 215/60x16" tyres but don't use spacers.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.

T-3PO

Post by T-3PO »

Scorpio 15", think you need to put tapered nuts on, can't remember off hand the offset?!

Cosworth 16" as said, you do need a washer to stop the nuts pulling through, but after a bit of research you should also get the proper wheel nuts as well, they've got a shaft which goes into the wheel helping to centre it and they're bigger than the standard nuts. The combo I end up with - M14 Ghia wheel nuts (I'm sure he said these were for the RS2000!!) with a flat to 60 degree Ghia washer, OK not cheap at £50 but you know they're right for the job. http://www.speedshack.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... I always liked the idea of putting non-VW bits onto a VW!
We're doomed!

oldiguana

Post by oldiguana »

shepster wrote:As above really, the most important bit is the adapter things due to the holes being so big on the Grannie wheels there is a chance of the nuts 'pulling through' without them.

There's a guy called 'Fireturk' on here that sells them.

I have Cossie wheels on my van with 215/60x16" tyres but don't use spacers.
.......yo shep i think i have the 15" version waiting to go on.....ive had a quick look on brickyard and they sell the alloy nuts....do i need them and some special washers then or just new nuts?.....also is it worth fitting those front thread conversions to save on locking wheel nuts....
.membership no 2720

shepster

Post by shepster »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vw-T25-T3-alloy-w ... 7C294%3A50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here you go, i didn't need any spacers though and have had both 15" and 16" Cossie wheels on mine.

It may depend on the offset of yours.

oldiguana

Post by oldiguana »

F*****N H**L..............arm goin af stop drinkin for a month to be able afford buy them for the boss......well suppose arl afta or arl be ite on may lonesome agen................cheerz shep
.membership no 2720

T-3PO

Post by T-3PO »

oldiguana wrote:.......yo shep i think i have the 15" version waiting to go on.....ive had a quick look on brickyard and they sell the alloy nuts....do i need them and some special washers then or just new nuts?.....also is it worth fitting those front thread conversions to save on locking wheel nuts....

Which nuts on Brickyard are you looking at?? I bought a set of the "Chrome tapered nut" thinking they'd do the job ... er, wrong! If the Scorpio bore is the same as the Cosworth its about 21mm, the widest part of the taper on these nuts is 23mm and the thought of having 1mm of grip on each nut ... :shock: Yes it is worth fitting the front conversions, multiple reasons!! The nuts shown in the ebay auction look similar but a. the shaft on mine is longer b. I'd wanna ask him how wide the washer is and what size nut.

Oh and if your not gunna need spacers then Brickwerks/Speedshack is your cheapest route at about £85

Having said all that though, have you fitted them up or measured them yet? You might need need any "special" nuts??
We're doomed!

The Bobdogs
80-90 Mem No: 6101

Post by The Bobdogs »

Mmmmm..think I must be a right bodge merchant!!!!

Front wheels needed the bore filing out to get over the hub....took me about 20 mins with a hand file. Fitted using nuts that came off the steel originals.

Bolted straight on without spacers or owt!

Rear studs needed to be longer so bought them from Brickwerks. Whacked the old ones out with a hammer and managed to fiddle the longer studs in without too much dismantling. Pulled them through by tightening up to the wheel ( naughty, apparantly) Again using the original nuts. Worked fine. When I had the lowering springs fitted at a garage, I asked them to check the studs just to make sure and was told they were fine.

Driven the bus all over (inc Isle of Man) , no bother at all and only changing them as I prefer the style of another wheel.
'The Bobdogs'
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

07793 126323

shepster

Post by shepster »

Andy, Julie, & Bobdog wrote:Mmmmm..think I must be a right bodge merchant!!!!

Your words not mine!

Original VW nuts are radiused and Cossie wheels need tapered so thats not right, there can't be much 'meat' left around the hole and they risk pulling through.

But hey, it's your bus and your family that drives around in it.

oldiguana

Post by oldiguana »

so how do i know if i need spacers owducks....do i try a wheel on the back?..........anna got tyres yet so would i have to wait until tryes are fitted to check clearance or is it a drum and caliper clearance issue..................
.membership no 2720