Dashboard light

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Dashboard light

Post by AngeloEvs »

DOPS is the Dynamic Oil Pressure Warning System fitted in 1986 onwards and included the buzzer warning system. The DOPS PCB resides in the speedo housing and controls the warning LED and the Buzzer. Two oil pressure switches are used as opposed to just one in the earlier system. Yours should just have an LED directly connected to the oil pressure switch via pin 13 of the multi-connector, normally this will be grounded untill oil pressure exceeds 0.3 bar then switch opens and LED goes off.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

DevonAid
80-90 Mem No: 3607

Post by DevonAid »

Useful info, we've got a similar problem so all the above may help trace it, thanks.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the first post and 'the other warning lights' ie plural. We've only got 2 to start with (oil, charge) and the oil light doesn't work when engine cold, so that leaves one. I feel I may be missing out in the warning light department.
1983 T25 Devon conversion 1.9DF

Nicola&Tony
80-90 Mem No: 3095

Post by Nicola&Tony »

Doesn't the red LED on your temp guage flash (self-test mode) for a few seconds when you turn the key?
link to relevant wiki section

Tony
Looking for: window apertures for side windows, at the back of the van

T25; 1985; RHD; 1.9DG petrol / LPG; white Autosleeper high-top; Looking rusty again!

LT31; 1993; RHD; 2.4L petrol; high-top; diy camper project.