Alloy wheel & tyre questions!

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mr Soft
80-90 Mem No: 5003

Alloy wheel & tyre questions!

Post by Mr Soft »

I know there are lots of threads & info on wiki regarding Alloys & Tyres, but could anyone advise whether Van Rated alloys exist or is it just the tyres that need to have a suitable load rating? :oops:
I am looking to get a new set of alloys for my '89 Westy & was wondering which wheel dimension (15",16" or 17") was best & easiest to get, especially coupled with tyres that won't affect the rolling radius or scrape on body work & suspension (van lowered by 30mm)??

Not sure whether to go modern or retro, so;

Do T4/T5 alloys fit without modification?

Can anyone suggest a reputable wheel supplier, other than the ones in VW Camper & Bus (JGE, SSP etc)? OR even advise of good experiences with companies advertised in VWC&B!!?

Ta! :P

Mr Soft
Soft & Re-arranged!!

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Re: Alloy wheel & tyre questions!

Post by jason k »

dont go and buy "replica wheels" they are cheap for a reason (ie they are s.h.i.t.e)

look for a car nice n heavy (ie mercs big audis etc) and those vehicles will weigh as much thereabouts as your bus.

use them.

as for wheel arch rubbing the point to look for is the wheel width and et (or offset)

i like you have a westy california, mines down 50mm on porsche wheels and have no problems at all.
98 Westfalia James Cook