Audi A4 Wheels,can anybody help?

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

paulwaterer

Audi A4 Wheels,can anybody help?

Post by paulwaterer »

Hi please can some one help.I have recently purchased some Audi A4 alloy wheels and need the centre bore enlarged to 66.56.
Does anyone know of somewhere near Guildford that will do it as i took them to one company and they refused to do it because they said it was dangerous.

bunnynogood
80-90 Mem No: 5189

Re: Audi A4 Wheels,can anybody help?

Post by bunnynogood »

I have some Audi A6 wheels. Would look really nice on the van, same issue with finding a machine shop BUT I am also NOT now going to fit 'em as, even without mods, they are not weight rated high enough for a commercial application = heavy VW Van. Your A4's will be the same. If you enlarge the centre this will be a structural mod that may weaken the wheels further. You had correct advice about the dangers. Mine are going back onto the Bay of Fleas asap :wink: The search continues though.
Only old Fools left in this van overnight

\/
( *)
`'

Pepperami
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 4608

Post by Pepperami »

I have done over 15,000 miles on my RS4 REPLICA'S with next to no suspension and had no problems whatsoever.
fullthrottlejunkies.org

bunnynogood

Post by bunnynogood »

Indeed :|

I'm not sure that my insurers would accept that experience as 'expert testimony' should the rims fail under the load of a full hitop camper conversion + Me and Mrs B the three teenagers, large tent, four bikes, surfboards and all the teenagers baggage (we hire sherpas now :lol: ). Certainly over 2500 Kg in any case.

I'd love to be proved wrong. I really like the A6 wheels, but I have discovered since that they are only rated for a car of 1600-ish Kg. I'm looking for some commercial alloys instead.

\/
( *)
`'

Pepperami
R.I.P.

Post by Pepperami »

Well i wasn't offering you expert testimony for your insurers. Just an experience. Nothing more nothing less.
fullthrottlejunkies.org

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

bunnynogood wrote: Certainly over 2500 Kg in any case.

If thats before you all get in the van your gonna be right on the limit for the vans MAM weight class so i would worry about what wheels your messing with!!!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

Pepperami
R.I.P.

Post by Pepperami »

Mine weighed 1800kg when tested. You must have gold bars or lead in yours.
fullthrottlejunkies.org

bunnynogood

Post by bunnynogood »

:shock: gold :idea: ..so that's where mrs hides all her jewelry, I'll be looking for the secret panels this weekend..

The weight I quoted comes from somewhere in the Kameo users manual. It would actually be grand to get the whole shebang on a weighbridge or similar so I can be confident about wheels. This Assumes full tanks of water and petrol.

BTW. When I asked this question about my A6 alloys a while back I was siutably warned off 'em by KevTheRev. Search for Audi A6 alloys to see that thread.. nothing more to add.

\/
( *)
`'