vw bbs alloys

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stevo1980
80-90 Mem No: 6204

vw bbs alloys

Post by stevo1980 »

Hi can anyone help, iv got myself som 5 spoke bbs 16" alloys, they are stamped with vw logo on so i know their off a vw but dont know what. Iv tried putting them on but they wont go over the centre cap on the front wheel. Managed to get one on the back no prob, only thing is is that the studson the drum are short i and i can only do one turn and the nuts are tight. This obviously means i need longer studs but how long. I have noticed the wheel dont sit right cos of the two small nuts tha i persume are holding the drum face on, do i need spacers too?
Can i take the front cap off or does it need to stay on. My van is an 1984 panel.

My wheel tyres are 195/60/r16 if this helps. I know nothing about alloys apart from they look kinda like the ones you put on a splitty cal look!!!
2 litre Aircooled bus

stevo1980
80-90 Mem No: 6204

Re: vw bbs alloys

Post by stevo1980 »

Cheers pal got lots of numbers on the wheel but i do know the ET is 59 on them so by my calculations i need 20mm spacers all round to get the ET to 39and i should get the extended bolts to be 60mm long all round to compansate for the 20mm spacers and the thickness of the wheel which is about 10mm, which should leave me with 15mm to tighten upto. Please correct me if im bein thick, did take me a while to work it out !!

Also does anyone know where i can get my front wheels bored out, hae not got a clue, got a half moon file tho ha ha. Cheers steve
2 litre Aircooled bus