dellorto drla 40's

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

highlander
80-90 Mem No: 4860

dellorto drla 40's

Post by highlander »

anyone running drla 40's on a 2.0ltr Aircooled??? what dizzy are you using?? cant get my 48's run right with a mallory dizzy, got some 40's arriving which might make a difference, just wondered what everyone else uses with 40's... where can i get shorter manifolds??? the manifolds im using look too high, im running it on a bench at the moment but i dont think i will have the clearance when i drop into my van when its ready...
He fought his first battle on the Scottish Highlands in 1536... There can only be one...

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Re: dellorto drla 40's

Post by jason k »

csp for the inlets. (short ones)

they will need to be fitted with a boss for the servo.

i used the stock dizzy (as have all the other chaps ones i have been involved with)and it worked perfectly.

i had it set up with raceshack.
98 Westfalia James Cook

highlander

Post by highlander »

jason k wrote:csp for the inlets. (short ones)

they will need to be fitted with a boss for the servo.

i used the stock dizzy (as have all the other chaps ones i have been involved with)and it worked perfectly.

i had it set up with raceshack.

thanks for the info,

csp are really expensive due to the exchange rate 179 euro's which is £179 at the moment!!! :shock: does anybody in the uk do them???
standard dizzy you mean 205 with electronic ignition?? if so where do you take the vacuum signal from??
He fought his first battle on the Scottish Highlands in 1536... There can only be one...

jason k

Post by jason k »

jeez that much?? i paid 69 quid when i had em.........

yup the stock dizzy dells have vaccume take offs near the bottom of the carbs(used when connecting a manometer for balancing). i used one of these on the left hand carb and blanked the rest and the dizzy retard off.

try jim at stateside tuning. he is a master of the type 4 motor and has huuuge spares!!!

if you send me your email add i will send you a pic of them fitted in my ol wedge.....
98 Westfalia James Cook

highlander

Post by highlander »

my 48's are completely blocked off.... i will have a look at the 40's when they arrive... found some other manifolds from a company called BAS in Germany but they still come in at 138euros plus 28 for delivery.....!!! :shock:

i will give stateside a phone tomorrow.... if you know anyone who has manifolds for sale or swap for my big ones then let me know... pm sent with email...

thanks for the advice... :)

jason k

Post by jason k »

its worth the struggle these things make a huge difference to the Aircooled wedge (i had a dynod fifteen horse extra over an already tuned engine at the rear wheels post fitting and jetting) and they sound fantastic!!!!
98 Westfalia James Cook

highlander

Post by highlander »

yeah i know :D i have had the 48's on a bug(1641) and on my t2(2.0ltr cj rejetted) thats why i want them on my (mildly tuned) new engine for the t25 :D just got back from the machine shop and it will cost roughly £120 to get my longs ones shortened!! ouch!!!

thanks for the pic :D looks tidy