water in me back wheels

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hercules
80-90 Mem No: 3860

water in me back wheels

Post by hercules »

iv not long had my new tyres but on me wheels about 4 mouth ago today taking wheel of as was doing back shocks i hear water in the wheel :shock: just wonder how it got in there is ok not a lot ??

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Well it can't get in there unless your tyre went flat and the seal was broken and it rained (unlikely).

Far more likely is that when your tyres were fitted, that one had water in the tyre (leaking roof at the tyre fitters?) or some was introduced during the fitting stage....
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

dugcati
80-90 Mem No: 3825

Post by dugcati »

There is a bod near me that dunks wheels in a barrel of water to test for punctures and he also uses tons of soap getting the tyres on - maybe something like this is the cause?

It's an odd one I give you that!.....your not trying the offroading trick of filling tyres with water to get better traction in a muddy field are you :twisted:
It is by will alone that I set my 'van' in motion!

paddyponchero

from the compressor

Post by paddyponchero »

Imagine if you take air on an average rainy day in august 2008 70% humidity or more and compress it 7 times into your compressor. The waters got to go somewhere... It's a huge problem in my industry - electronics - we have to use industrial dryers to dry the compressed air before using it. It's also a problem in paint shops where the water can destroy a nice paint shop.

Most places would use a simple water trap but I imagine in the tyre shop no-one is going to be bothered emptying it so it wound up in your tyres.

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Post by lloyd »

Are you sure it's water? Might be little rubber balls from tire rolling around. I've heard these in tires before.

In fact, I've used small round plastic balls (Airsoft pellets) to balance tires and it sounds like water. :wink: Works a treat.
See Dynabeed in America alot in trucking industry
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/
Their chart covers all kinds of tires.
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS

hercules
80-90 Mem No: 3860

Post by hercules »

dugcati wrote:There is a bod near me that dunks wheels in a barrel of water to test for punctures and he also uses tons of soap getting the tyres on - maybe something like this is the cause?

It's an odd one I give you that!.....your not trying the offroading trick of filling tyres with water to get better traction in a muddy field are you :twisted:
u could be right im not to worry about it when get warm i take wheel of again let the water out then filler back up again :wink:

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Post by lloyd »

If it does have water in it, you need to get it out and dry the rim and tire before remounting it. Or your rim will rust away. :wink:
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS