Merc E220 16" wheels

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

smnbyt
80-90 Mem No: 1878

Merc E220 16" wheels

Post by smnbyt »

I've read the post on wheel fitment and it says they fit without any adjustments or modifications

However I've also read that the bolt holes need to be drilled to 14mm

whats the score on this

Thanks in advance

Simon

BIG D
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by BIG D »

How do just had mine drilled out slightly bigger than 14mm i think the drill bit was in metric? My merc rims are et 31 and i need longer bolts and studs the kit is about £50 i will be fitting mine next week,your alloys will have the et (offset) on them,on the insside of alloy ie =ET 31,hope this helps a little,regards dave

slam_dunk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by slam_dunk »

When you get them, if one of your old front wheel bolts go through the holes in the alloys then then are already 14mm but if they don't quite fit then they were designed for 12mm bolts and will need drilling. I just did mine with a 15mm drill to make it easier to fit. A 14mm drill will be big enough but there's no harm in having a little bit of slop, as it doesn't affect the wheel centering anyway.

BTW your old wheel bolts don't have the correct seating, so even when the hole is big enough, don't use them to actually bolt up the wheel. You will need to get the correct fitting for the new wheels. Go for a front stud conversion so you can get the same set of correctly fitting nuts all round..