granada cosworth wheels

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Frostbus
80-90 Mem No: 2682

granada cosworth wheels

Post by Frostbus »

hi all

have been reading about types of alloys that will fit T3 and fancy a set of granada cossie alloys have found a set cheep (£80).

do the bolt holes have to be machined to fit studs/nuts and also are the seat faces different on fords will they need machining.

have read some articles on fitment but none cover this subject

any help please

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Post by shepster »

I've done this mod twice on my van, once with 15" and now with 16", what you need to do is mill, file, grind or whatever method you prefer to use to remove the 'lip' from the wheel centre where the original Ford badge seats into (this is to enable the wheels to fit over the front hubs) then you need to do something about the size of the bolt holes because they are too big and any nuts/bolts you buy will pull through the holes. I have a friend with a machine shop and he has made up some 'inserts' that fit into each hole with the correct taper for the 14mm nut that is needed to bolt our wheels on, they are tapered on the outside to match the angle of the wheel and then again on the inside to match the new wheelnut, i had the first set on my van for two years and this set has been on for three mths both without any probs, my advice would be to go down this route for safety reasons alone but i know someone else with Grannie wheels on who has used 'tapered washers' and although this is safe enough it is always a bit hit and miss if the wheel seats square whereas with my method there can be no variation as they are now part of the wheel. My friend will make a set for around £50 all in. Any queries PM me.

Shep
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.