VW wheel trim advice

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sirving55
80-90 Mem No: 0

VW wheel trim advice

Post by sirving55 »

Hi
I'm wanting to fit some VW plastic wheel trims from a modern Golf to my T25. Does anyone know whether this is possible, or whether the rims are different? Would I need a metal bracket to do it or could they just clip on?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

gally
80-90 Mem No: 4530

Post by gally »

what size is the wheel trim? modren golfs have bigger wheels than standard t25 wheels which are 14" on mine.
the r number on ur tyre is the size of wheel if this is same as wheel trim should fit.
if metal ring is supplied with trims use it.
2.1 dj. auto hi top westfalia club joker

Tex Ritter
80-90 Mem No: 1057

Post by Tex Ritter »

Not unless the 14" golf rims are 'dished out' a long way in the centres, which if I remember correctly they aren't.

You can't get them on the wheel rim because of the stick-out bits on the T25 hubs....well you might just force them on the back rims.

Tex Ritter
If you never have a route planned ...how can you ever be lost?

Syncro G
80-90 Mem No: 3988

Post by Syncro G »

I had some on my syncro, don't know exactly which golf type thing they came off but the fitted to my standard 6J 14" rims (most T3's have 5.5J rims I think? Is the extra 1/2 inch in the form of a deeper dish? If so that might make a difference) with the usual fight required of crappy plastic wheel trims. I took them off because I hate wheel trims. To be fair though they looked better than the late plastic Caravelle trims though. From memory they didn't fit badly and there were loads of clearance between the middle of the hubcap and the hub itself.

As I'm going to Devon iminently, I'll throw them in the back (if I remember) and you can have them if you want and can sort a meet point. Sadly I've only got 3 now though as after visiting a tyre place, one fell off on the way home :evil: .
Glen Syncronaut: 113 - 1992 JX Syncro pannel van