Audi A4 alloys

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mariner Man
80-90 Mem No: 2344

Audi A4 alloys

Post by Mariner Man »

Iv'e been given a set of the above, rear ones go straight on with spacers and longer studs( already on van), and the front ones need the centre opening out to 66mm i believe, now my question is, has anybody fitted these to their van and if so, how the feck do you get the centre caps to fit, or if they dont, what else did you do?
Cheers
Paul
"Dont Hurry B happy"
Member 2344 ( Paul )

Westy.Club.Joker
80-90 Mem No: 2863
Location: Sunny Lancs. 1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker pop-top

Post by Westy.Club.Joker »

Depends on which wheels you`ve got, what offset (ET) they are and what size spacers you use on the fronts to get clearances right. I machined a pair the other day for a chap, the original centre bore was about 63mm already, just needed to take out the bottom lip in the bore. Any more than that and the wall thickness (between the centre bore and the 5 small counterbores for the nuts to go in) would have been TOO thin, and dangerous IMHO. The wall thickness is about 3.5mm before you machine any off it. I just took out the lip out to about 61.5mm and the guy fitting them is going to take the flanges off the grease caps so he will have a bit of clearance. (did mine the same way. also you can cut the grease caps down by 10mm on their length and knock `em back on, which may give you the clearance for the centre caps to fit back on, the ones I just did will do this no probs) :)
Keep it real.

Search first - ask second ;>}

Mariner Man
80-90 Mem No: 2344

Post by Mariner Man »

Just had a look, info on the wheel reads 7JX16 ET 45, if that means anything, trouble is even with a 10mm spacer on the rear, the cap doesn't go on.
Paul
"Dont Hurry B happy"
Member 2344 ( Paul )

skell
80-90 Mem No: 1297

Post by skell »

I've got audi five spokes on mine, not fitted centre caps but have silver spray paint lids which fit snugly in the bored out centre hole, and look much better than they sound.
skell
1984 AAZ twin slider 'velle

Westy.Club.Joker
80-90 Mem No: 2863
Location: Sunny Lancs. 1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker pop-top

Post by Westy.Club.Joker »

Caps on the rears shouldn`t be any problem, as theres no hub centre to push through, it`s the fronts that are the usual problem. Got mine to fit (7J x 16" ET45) but it`s down to the wheel design at the end of the day. Spray paint caps it is then :)
Keep it real.

Search first - ask second ;>}

skell
80-90 Mem No: 1297

Post by skell »

I've got centre bored out on all five wheels, so can swap wheels round as tyres wear, and the centre of each wheel looks the same (well when I have four matching paint lids in place...)
skell
1984 AAZ twin slider 'velle