Tyre Pressures

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

cjvmee
80-90 Mem No: 17339

Tyre Pressures

Post by cjvmee »

Can anyone advise what the correct tyre pressures are for
225/50/16 front and 245/45/16 rear on a Westy California poptop?
Regards Chris

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

howdoo,
see thread further down, also about tyre pressures, same info relevant, as these are not standard tyres, and very likely not up to the load rating you may as well just bung any pressure you fancy in them and hope for the best! your'e probably chancing it using them anyway. style before function, the modifiers by-word :roll:

cjvmee

Tyre Pressures

Post by cjvmee »

Style before function. I take your point Wasserleaker,but im stuck between a rock and a hard place.When i bought the van it had a Project Zwo bodykit fitted complete with wide arches and wide wheels! If i opt for a more sensible wheel width they will look a bit lost under the wide arches and at the moment i dont want to start ripping the arches off,the load rating of the tyres is 94 so i think they are just within the limit...Appreciate the post.
Regards Chris.

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

apologies for the rant, Cjvmee, best bet then might be to put slightly less than the max pressure stated on the tyre in em [if it gives a max pressure, cos some dont] as said in the other tyre pressure post by someone. unless it says something fairly high like 60PSI max, in which case prob somewhere round 36 - 40 should be ok.

mininut
80-90 Mem No: 3031

Post by mininut »

wasserleaker wrote:howdoo,
see thread further down, also about tyre pressures, same info relevant, as these are not standard tyres, and very likely not up to the load rating you may as well just bung any pressure you fancy in them and hope for the best! your'e probably chancing it using them anyway. style before function, the modifiers by-word :roll:
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21847
Paul

1990 Autohomes Kamper 1.9DG......... (Diabolical miles per Gallon)

cjvmee

Tyre Pressures

Post by cjvmee »

Thanks Mininuts,i did see the post about tyre pressures thats what prompted me to post about my tyres...Thought the pressures might be different for wider lower profiles.
Also thanks again Wasserleaker,max psi 44, i'll keep experimenting!
Regards Chris