Best tyres for carat alloys

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

colynmac
80-90 Mem No: 2619

Best tyres for carat alloys

Post by colynmac »

splashed out on getting a set of carat alloys refurbed. I now want a good set of tyres for them.

What brand/size do you Guys/Gals recommend ???

Any help appreciated.
CARPE DIEM

g60steve
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by g60steve »

205/70's are the correct size.

Semperit or Michelin are the favoured brands in Germany but difficult to get here.

Google search showed up these though.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s390p0

http://www.cheaptyres4u.co.uk/product_d ... ERSION=508

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

just ordered some 195/75R14 continental vanco 8 ply tyres for my carat, the diameter is within 1 percent of the std 205/70R14's i had fitted, [5mm difference] load rating is 106.
informed my insurers, who said it was fine.
the only reason i didn't go for 205/70R14's again was that i couldn't find a decent brand in that size, only budget stuff.
originally had semperit 205/70's on, but although they were 97 weight rated, they are 6ply, and had some sidewall damage/cracking, though this could have been due to being stood on flat tyres for a year before i got it, or kerb damage, the semperits may be fine otherwise, as at least they are a known brand.
my conti's were 60 quid each from tyre express, mail ordered off the intaweb, will let you know what they're like when i got them fitted.
incidentally. ATS wanted 88 quid each for the same tyres :shock: allthough that is fitted and balanced, but i'm sure i can get em fitted for less than 28 quid each, which is what the difference amounts to. hope this helps, mate.
cheers. :)