wheels

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

BLUG
80-90 Mem No: 3759

wheels

Post by BLUG »

been offered some wheels for my bus,now i understand that some vauxhall carlton ones fit, is it the same for vectras? there off an n reg sri there the five spoke ones.will they fit,or is it a honing job or worse??

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

simon Baxter wrote:VAUXHALL WHEELS DO NOT FIT! At all, ever, full stop, The PCD of Vauxhall (Opel) wheels is 110mm, which is not 112mm!!. If these wheels are fitted then they will bend the rear studs that are pressed into the rear hub, If you then try to remove your rear brake drum you will probably find that the studs are bent and your drum will not come off.
And then there is the fact that your bending them in the first place, this will not allow the wheels to centre properly on the hub and in extreme cases the stud could snap, not good I'm sure you will agree. No amount of drilling the holes out in the wheel will fix it. And then there the front with a possibility of cross threading the threaded holes in the brake disc as you try to wind a bolt in on the pi$$. If you want to fit these wheels then you will need adapters.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)