Mercedes ML Tyres

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kathyshack
80-90 Mem No: 1242

Post by kathyshack »

cheers everyone for the info.
Quite an investment really these alloy wheels, but they do make the van look much better.
Was looking in the c&c magazine last night at adverts for alloys. Does anyone know if the BRM wheels and Empi's in there bolt straight on T25s, or do you still need to get spacers and bolts and stuff? Was looking at the prices and it got me thinking. After i've took into consideration how much i paid for merc ml's, new tyres, bolts, spacers and fitting, gonna have cost me about £550, if the ones on C&C mag bolt straight on the costs wouldn't be much different.......
Member no: 1242

Learning something new every day!

www.funplace2b.co.uk/vw

www.funplace2b.co.uk/camp

sixsprings
80-90 Mem No: 15083

Post by sixsprings »

kathyshack wrote: Does anyone know if the BRM wheels and Empi's in there bolt straight on T25s, ......

maybe they do, maybe they don't
but do you trust them for 2500kg?

ML wheels would be a better bet imho

Jackie Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 2222

Post by Jackie Hulley »

Kathy,just an idea for you. Pop round the tyre spots on a Sat. morning,NOT $hitfit or the big chains,look for a grotty little tyre garage. 10-1 there's just some disgruntled kid on the week-end losers shift,just ask nicely and imply there'll be a tenner in it for him and it's cash and see how cheap tyres really can be (here standard size 185 x 14 8ply cost about £25 fitted etc .... without a receipt or course).

Another point is that if you buy the tyres loose you can take them to said rubber-numpty to fit for cash when big-boss isn't there,that's how half of these guy's make up there money. The other way's conning peeps into taking off perfectly good tyres and flogging the P/W ones out the back for cash.

You'll probably be looking at around a tenner per wheel for fitting ballancing and sealing the rim with a white rubber/grease compound.

Cheers,Ian.
Miserable Wessie Git

kathyshack
80-90 Mem No: 1242

Post by kathyshack »

dubsta wrote:I went for Continental EcoContact CP 215/60 R16 99H RF - they were £300 for the four - not cheap - but really good tyres - reienforced - correct load rating and saving over a £100 on what you'd pay normally. form http://www.mytyres.co.uk I think there meant for them 'orrible chelsea tractors - which are heavy. I also think they'll last.

For my spare we just kept the best of the ones I took off.

I think the mixing radial crossply thing is something I remember on a government saftey ad from when I was a kid - dunno if the problem still exists :?

Does the 99H RF mean the load rating? Been asked what laod rating I want before they give me a quote. The bloke said something like 90/100. but then another post says reinforced up to max of 750kg. I don't understand......
Member no: 1242

Learning something new every day!

www.funplace2b.co.uk/vw

www.funplace2b.co.uk/camp

dubsta
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by dubsta »