some pics of the devon

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

billybigspud
80-90 Mem No: 9454

Re: some pics of the devon

Post by billybigspud »

Cheers. Dont forget to upgrade with relays as it is pointless otherwise. Mine have the angel eye side lights but that is my preference. :D

b-f-c
80-90 Mem No: 11113

Post by b-f-c »

Just found this thread too. Cracking bus and a great build report too
:ok

Cyrus
80-90 Mem No: 9165

Post by Cyrus »

billybigspud wrote:Cheers. Dont forget to upgrade with relays as it is pointless otherwise. Mine have the angel eye side lights but that is my preference. :D
The relay mods previously been done, is the angel eye side lights like the BMW's with a ring around?
If so how did you go about it?
Cheers :ok

williamraff
80-90 Mem No: 11501

Post by williamraff »

Excellent thread -well done :ok
Remember EBAY and alcohol do not mix!

boxer
80-90 Mem No: 11154

Post by boxer »

erm Wow!

I'm not going to get anywhere near that on my first attempt but it is something to aspire to.
1.6 Td 1990 van conversion Westfalia pop up roof

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

Cyrus wrote:
billybigspud wrote:Cheers. Dont forget to upgrade with relays as it is pointless otherwise. Mine have the angel eye side lights but that is my preference. :D
The relay mods previously been done, is the angel eye side lights like the BMW's with a ring around?
If so how did you go about it?
Cheers :ok

I bought them like it of of Ebay. they are for a mk1 golf and only needed a bit of fettling.

Cheers for all the nice comments. It doesnt look so immaculate now it is being used and abused. It is what it is there for though.

zedd
80-90 Mem No: 12877

Post by zedd »

very impressive , l've also been restoring a devon for the past four months ( nearly finished welding :) ) , where did you get the carpet for the pop top as i need to do mine whilst its off , was it local to southampton ? , regards tony

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

It is just a normal carpet and a heavy contact adhesive. Carpet right I think.

Cyrus
80-90 Mem No: 9165

Post by Cyrus »

zedd wrote:very impressive , l've also been restoring a devon for the past four months ( nearly finished welding :) ) , where did you get the carpet for the pop top as i need to do mine whilst its off , was it local to southampton ? , regards tony
Veltrim seems to be the stuff to use nowadays, you can get it from eBay Inc trim fix adhesive try " toeragmatts" they appear to be well used/trusted.

zedd
80-90 Mem No: 12877

Post by zedd »

Cyrus wrote:
zedd wrote:very impressive , l've also been restoring a devon for the past four months ( nearly finished welding :) ) , where did you get the carpet for the pop top as i need to do mine whilst its off , was it local to southampton ? , regards tony
Veltrim seems to be the stuff to use nowadays, you can get it from eBay Inc trim fix adhesive try " toeragmatts" they appear to be well used/trusted.
thanks i'll look them up :ok

sooperspur
80-90 Mem No: 9939

Post by sooperspur »

when we did our devon poptop earlier this year we found a very similar carpet to th original style in a local carpet store. they had to order some for us. i think it was called "spitfire". might be worth a look?

1980 Devon poptop 2.0l Aircooled
dark and light "poo" brown

tonydata
80-90 Mem No: 11975

Post by tonydata »

billybigspud wrote:hi, i thought i would post some pics of our camper project so far

this is what we started with

found alot of rot when he when i stripped her out, sliding door, outer sill, both battery boxes, around the front windscreen and holes in all sorts of various places

neighbours probably werent too happy on this day

it has been in the body shop for the past 5 weeks and had every bit of rot cut out and replaced with metal and a sexy new paint job. we are so happy, the guy has done a fantastic job and kept a very comprehensive photo diary for us.

i have been working on the roof this week, putting a new carpet in and attaching the new bellows (very nervous that i was going to slip with the drill)

will keep adding as i progress, should happen pretty fast as i need to get out in him and use it for what it does best.

jamie

Hi Jamie, I'm in Soton myself looking for some where good to get my windows done, where abouts did you get your bodywork done locally? :ok
1986 Transporter 1.9 w/c Tin Top

tonydata

Post by tonydata »

Actually, just noticed it was Tip Top, dropped them an email :D

Awesome van btw, the 70mm drop looks sweet! 8)

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

What do you need doing to them?

Thanks for the comments. Better uncover and un sorn her soon.

tonydata

Post by tonydata »

billybigspud wrote:What do you need doing to them?

Thanks for the comments. Better uncover and un sorn her soon.

Weather "should" be getting better soon, the clocks ticking for me!

Oh, the usual... o/s is leaking like a drain into the fridge panel area so needs to come out, repair, back in and new seals... n/s window (not the sliding door one) is basically the same so also needs doing... I don't think it's been looked at since it rolled out of the factory...! I'm saving all the major work behind the panels (which I know there will be) for end of the summer... Just trying to get it water tight so I can get the bed and bits back in and have some fun round the UK this summer :D

Have a look here... http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=113424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;