some pics of the devon

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

billybigspud
80-90 Mem No: 9454

Re: some pics of the devon

Post by billybigspud »

I cant remember the blokes name down there. If I was to do it again then I would do it myself as you know what has been done then. If you are having major works done at the end of the summer then can you not just get it patched up. Doesn't even have to look that good as long as it does not leak.

tonydata
80-90 Mem No: 11975

Post by tonydata »

billybigspud wrote:I cant remember the blokes name down there. If I was to do it again then I would do it myself as you know what has been done then. If you are having major works done at the end of the summer then can you not just get it patched up. Doesn't even have to look that good as long as it does not leak.

Ok, cool... I'd attempt it myself, I know a few welders and there is a ton of stuff available on t'net (here mainly!) that show what other people have done, but I'm thinking it's easier to get a pro on to it...! Like I say, it's just the windows need sorting immediately as I want to put the interior in to a reasonable standard, so get them done, get a bed in and then get using it! :ok

I've emailed them so wait to hear back... you rate their work though?
1986 Transporter 1.9 w/c Tin Top

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

Yeah, I thought it was good and very reasonably priced. Like all body shops, you will have to gee them up a bit.

tonydata

Post by tonydata »

billybigspud wrote:Yeah, I thought it was good and very reasonably priced. Like all body shops, you will have to gee them up a bit.

You're telling me, I've been waiting about 3 weeks now for a quote from another shop that was recommended! They are busy people...

tonydata

Post by tonydata »

Jamie, just wanted to say a big thanks for pointing me in the direction of Tip Top, what a job! They have been superb... the van has come back from them after a few days looking like new, they also did a load of stuff I didn't really specify and stayed within my budget, absolutely brilliant :D

Many thanks again :ok

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

No worries. They are good down there and I really think he want to do a great job. What type of paint did they use?

tonydata

Post by tonydata »

billybigspud wrote:No worries. They are good down there and I really think he want to do a great job. What type of paint did they use?

Yeh, top guy, definitely going back end of the year for a bit more work.

Paintwise, no idea, but it looks spot on...

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

cut one of these in this weekend. Have moved the gas around a bit to make it more accessable and done a bit of wiring for a new water pump for the tap. Also put a relay in for a proper split charge so not to rely on the zig and did one for the fridge whilst I was there.

I think I have finally sorted my Eber. My mate repaired a couple of blown capacitors in the ecu and all seems to work fine now. Just had a problem with a fuel clip so will fit a new one tomorrow and then hopefully see the old girl fire up in all her glory. :ok

Tobyt25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Tobyt25 »

That looks really smart! I love the roof lining and bellows, how difficult was that to do? my roof lining desperately needs changing, very tiered! The paint job
Looks very smart, i see what you mean about painting the inside now. Id like similar colours on mine, with a darker blue. You have got a very nice van, i hope i can get mine to a similar standard eventually.... May take some time..

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

The roof lining was easy as I had the roof off. I used normal carpet but if you get that stretchy stuff from Mega Van Mats then I would imagine it would be well easy even still on the van. Just use plenty of good quality glue.

Tobyt25

Post by Tobyt25 »

I think the thing I'm worried about is getting the 30 yr. old carpet off. I don't want to embark on any major projects just yet, trying to enjoy the van as much as possible while its sunny. Maybe ill have ago oct time. Just doing the easy jobs at the moment :)

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

Yeah, that is the mistake I made although if you leave the roof in the sun it will melt the glue a bit. :D

Tobyt25

Post by Tobyt25 »

Just got my new headlights, these are suppose to be t25 angel eyes. They look fairly straight forward but i was confused by your comment about relay mods. What bits do i need and how do i do it??? Thought id come straight to the expert.

billybigspud

Post by billybigspud »

Expert not, Have a go harry yes.
Have a look here,
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/georgina_s ... iagram.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just worked it out and mounted them behind the front grill but this diagram shows what to do but I am a sparky. Have a look in the wiki at the top of the page where I got the link from. An auto electrician would do this in an hour easily once you have all the bits if you are struggling.

Tobyt25

Post by Tobyt25 »

Mmm i think that looks straight forward enough, but will make sure i do it when I've got all day free. Was going to pop them in one night after work.