Spacemaker Tunnel Awning

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

DUMBODOGGY

Spacemaker Tunnel Awning

Post by DUMBODOGGY »

Hi Guys,

Not too sure how familiar some of you are with the Just Kampers SpaceMaker tunnel awaning (2009)???

I notice there are both left and right hand drive versions??? I have a left hand dive van, what is the main difference between these 2 awnings? surely they cant be that different can they????

Alice
80-90 Mem No: 5904

Re: Spacemaker Tunnel Awning

Post by Alice »

If you just want the awning just for space it doesn't matter. If you want to use a bedroom in it it matters, as the bedroom will block access to your van door if it the wrong side. Hope that makes sense.

DUMBODOGGY

Post by DUMBODOGGY »

Cheers Alice, I am really sorry if it sound THICK! surely I just drive my van around the other way???????

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

you have two sliding doors then?
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Alice

Post by Alice »

DUMBODOGGY wrote:Cheers Alice, I am really sorry if it sound THICK! surely I just drive my van around the other way???????

Yeah but the awning fits onto the sliding door, no matter which way your van is facing. Look at the one below

This is for a RHD van, sliding door on the left. The door on the awning matches to the sliding door, the window bit matches to the rear of the van, and this is where the internal bedroom goes. On a LHD van the opposite would be true, so if a bedroom was used this would be in front of the van sliding door, and you wouldn't be able to get into the van from the awning. The LHD awning would have the door on the right and the window on the left.

E D I T: Didn't think of that Kev :oops:

DUMBODOGGY

Post by DUMBODOGGY »

Cheers Guys, Is that the tunnel awning? I have only just bought it, I was told that all I needed was the figure of 8 clips for my guttering????

DUMBODOGGY

Post by DUMBODOGGY »

This is my baby!

http://www.justkampers.com/forum2/viewt ... 731&hilit=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alice

Post by Alice »

DUMBODOGGY wrote:Cheers Guys, Is that the tunnel awning? I have only just bought it, I was told that all I needed was the figure of 8 clips for my guttering????

I have no idea what awning that is, it was just a picture I found online to illustrate the handedness of awnings. Try google images with the name of your awning for pictures.

DUMBODOGGY

Post by DUMBODOGGY »

Alice wrote:
DUMBODOGGY wrote:Cheers Guys, Is that the tunnel awning? I have only just bought it, I was told that all I needed was the figure of 8 clips for my guttering????

I have no idea what awning that is, it was just a picture I found online to illustrate the handedness of awnings. Try google images with the name of your awning for pictures.

Cheers Alice, I think there are 2 types of spacemaker, the classic like your pic and the tunnel which I think (hope) :ok is universal!!!!!

Alice

Post by Alice »

Cool :ok

(I had no idea my pic was a spacemaker)