Royal Traveller awning set up....

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

Royal Traveller awning set up....

Post by RODEO »

Hi All
Just bought a s/hand awning as above. Had a trial set up ,but cant suss out where the metal poles go and how they attach! I presume they fit in such a way that the inner bedroom tent clips on to them .........Anyone?

kervinmervin
80-90 Mem No: 6644

Re: Royal Traveller awning set up....

Post by kervinmervin »

There are a few metal poles. A gutter clamp, to fix the awning to the side of the van and two strengtheners (about 4 lengths together for each) which run the length of the awning roof, they fit into two pockets, pull apart and tighten screw to provide rigidity between poles. Inner tent just hooks into the loops.

Hope this makes sense..
1984 Westfalia 1.9dg

RODEO

Post by RODEO »

OK Thanx..
I thought one pole would be the gutter pole ,altho' there are figure of 8 pieces also supplied.Should there be 2 gutter clamps ,one each end of the gutter pole?The poles with the rubber ends presumably fit into the pockets. Will have a look for the pockets....
Regards
Rod

kervinmervin
80-90 Mem No: 6644

Post by kervinmervin »

It could be the plastic ended poles,with a kind of key/screw they slot together, I think, actually now I'm confused!! from memory there are three clamps as the flap has a gap in the centre. There are also some poles for opening the door flaps, with spikes on both ends, if your still struggling I will dig out and photograph, although when you lay them all out it should be fairly clear, each type are all slightly different.

Good luck
1984 Westfalia 1.9dg

RODEO

Post by RODEO »

Ok Thanx.
TBH I had three females helping me try to put this up (oo er!) I thought by asking them I would be able to stand back and let them get on with it ,but they couldnt suss it either! With your info ,I reckon I will leave it until I actually use it for the first time .
Rod

Doctor Foster
80-90 Mem No: 5482

Post by Doctor Foster »

is it this one you got? If so there are two extendable poles that go either side and they have flattened ends with black plastic tips. These fit in the pockets and you extend them to size then tighten the screw to hold them in place. You clip one side of the inner tent to the pole and the other side of inner tent should have small black plastic pegs attached that fit into some eyelets sewn into the roof of the awning.

There are two more poles with spiked ends that hold up the front canopy and another pole that is the gutter attachment. We dont use this gutter pole as we have the figure of eight attachment. Hope this helps

Last edited by Doctor Foster on 18 Jun 2010, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.

RODEO

Post by RODEO »

Great! I have exactly as you describe! Bit more confident now ,that it will work when we use it for the first time !
Thanks for the replies
Rod