How to remove a fridge?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ivybvus
80-90 Mem No: 3619

How to remove a fridge?

Post by Ivybvus »

Having taken most the woodwork out in order to assess the damage (see "pre-season woes") I am now stuck - the fridge does not appear to want to move and I guess it has to be the next bit before the sink/cooker cabinet comes out. It is an electrolux fridge in an autohomes camper (which now looks like a shed on wheels). I could only find one screw - top right front - must be more but I can't find them :? !

Any answers greatly appreciated :)

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Re: How to remove a fridge?

Post by lloydy »

3 to 4 screws in from cupboards on either side. Pull knobs off fridge, remove facia behind knobs [ 2 screws]Remove wood panel behind gas manifold above fridge. Undo gas pipe to fridge[left side on top of fridge]. wriggle fridge out, i found it easier to lift fridge slightly and pull forward. you will then have unwire 12v and 240v connections, then pull it completely out. I've done it a couple of times on mine now. Gets easier the more you do it!
Good luck
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Ivybvus
80-90 Mem No: 3619

Post by Ivybvus »

Cheers lloydy - found it - one lousy screw - hiding out of site - once that was out the whole thing slid foward like a dream...now gets added to my list of things to do - wire wool all the pipework and go to work with the hammerite - guess I need some heat resistant paint for the pipes?

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

Guess you mean painting the back of the fridge?, whatever you paint it with will flake off at some stage. Just noticed your from ivybridge, i used to live there with the wife and kids, not far from the toll house B&B.
I was just down at the dartmoor meet got home today, left the wife and kids in Ugborough for the week.
looks like you've got your work cut out with that van. Will look out for your van next time i'm down.
Hopefully will be living there again in a couple of years
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Could try heat resistant paint (Matt Black preferrably) but I just applied a rust convertor with a soft brush which turns the pipework black anyway. I sold it (never used it!) a couple of years later and looked fine but how well it lasts in use......... :?: :?: :?:
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior