Waterproof/insulating wrap for raised roof?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Cheers...Steve
80-90 Mem No: 5761

Waterproof/insulating wrap for raised roof?

Post by Cheers...Steve »

Hello... Going over to France v soon but our pop-up roof canvas is full of holes and we're looking for some sort of waterproof/insulating wrap to put round it (one day we'll replace it but it will have to wait for the moment!). I guess I could cut some foil wrap to size but was wondering if anyone has come across a ready-made thing?

fullsunian
80-90 Mem No: 5092

Re: Waterproof/insulating wrap for raised roof?

Post by fullsunian »

Hi, have a look on fleabay, there is always a guy on there selling thermal screens that fit the pop tops. If you get one, let me know if its any good :ok
IAN
Mmm what's that strange smell from my exhaust...

Westy.Club.Joker
80-90 Mem No: 2863
Location: Sunny Lancs. 1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker pop-top

Post by Westy.Club.Joker »

Baxter sells `em, highly recommended, keeps the canvas dry, insulation for heat in or out, and also a good black-out for those sunny mornings :)

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php?p ... t&Itemid=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keep it real.

Search first - ask second ;>}

Louey
80-90 Mem No: 1108

Post by Louey »

Baxter sells Westie ones - I don't think they would fit a Danbury (are Danbury's side opeing like a Devon?)
Louey

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ 'The only Tranny in the village' ▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Alice
80-90 Mem No: 5904

Post by Alice »

I've got one for my devon side elevating and it's great. My canvas is also full of holes and it totally proofs it. And it survived some really impressive wind in Wales 2 weeks ago. I got it off Darren Pucer,he sells on ebay as pucerscreens I think. I was opposite you at Camperjam I think, isn't yours the roof witht the special piece of wood holding it up? If you email him through ebay he'll list what you want if he has it as a buy it now.

Cheers...Steve
80-90 Mem No: 5761

Post by Cheers...Steve »

Spot on Bean! Thanks :ok I'll give him our measurements just in case they're radically different. Looked on eBay a few times but just wasn't putting in the right keywords.

Yep that was us at CamperJam which sadly was the last time we had a chance to go out. That all changes this weekend though as we're taking our bit of wood roof support off to End of the Road Festival on Thursday & then to France, Germany & Italy for a few weeks!!!

Thanks to other replies as well. Yep Danburys open just on one side & look like the same material as Devons except we have the stripes continued on either end as well (uooh look at us)
Cheers...Steve
(VWs tend to get passed around like a reasonably priced sex worker & it´s rare to find one that hasn´t been pawed at by a train of users applying more urgency than finesse)