fridge on gas...

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

purplecrocs
80-90 Mem No: 7448

fridge on gas...

Post by purplecrocs »

How long should it take to cool down? I've a feeling mine doesnt work - the back of the fridge warms up but it doesnt seem to get cold inside. Having looked at posts here it seems i might have to clean the burner - is this a fridge out job or is there anything I can do in situ? I havent tested it on electric yet either though actually.. how long will it take to notice cooling on battery if I take it out for a drive?

Westfalia Joker '84

Westy.Club.Joker
80-90 Mem No: 2863
Location: Sunny Lancs. 1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker pop-top

Re: fridge on gas...

Post by Westy.Club.Joker »

Try it on hook-up overnight first, control switch to full. Should be down to around zero overnight. It won`t work very efficiently on 12v (when driving about) so you can`t really gauge it from that. On gas it will take 2 or 3 hours at least to drop the temperature down to working level (depending on outside temperature as well) If it`s not working as it should then it`s fridge out and proper service, replace any electrical elemnts if you`re having trouble with either the 240V or 12V side of things, and worth swapping the gas jet for a new one for what they cost. (remember the message I sent, all info listed there for the jobs you`ll be doing)
Keep it real.

Search first - ask second ;>}

A KIRK
80-90 Mem No: 4538

Post by A KIRK »

My 2 way one takes a coiple of hours on 12v to notice a difference, yet a good 4-5 hours on gass, the way I tell is by how cold the top element is inside, once that is cold the rest of the fridge soon cools down.

Mind you I have just last night infact finished servicing mine, so hopefully it will be a little quicker on gas now.

They are so easy to work on, just ensure you reseal all the gas lines properly
Andrew
1600 CT Aircooled life certainly isn't in the fast lane

The car in front is my crumple zone

purplecrocs
80-90 Mem No: 7448

Post by purplecrocs »

ok thanks - another job to add to the list then.......what have I done?!

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

this may have been said before somewhere, but it wont work on gas if it not level.....front to back, and left to right.
flames only burn vertically, and even a couple of degrees off level will mean the flame misses the point, so to speak..
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper