Gas fed underfloor heater on 1980 Devon

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tex Ritter
80-90 Mem No: 1057

Re: Gas fed underfloor heater on 1980 Devon

Post by Tex Ritter »

weerickyni wrote:how exactly does it work? were does the gas come from and how do i light it?

It should have a piped gas supply coming from the gas cupboard along the rear of the front bed base frame, to the valve -mounted under the bed base and on the left front of the fibreglass moulding which you should be able to see when the slider is open - the gas pipe then runs through the floor to the burner unit in your heater.

All the controls for the heater - gas valve, igniter, 12v cables, and regulator - are mounted in the position descibed.

You simply depress the gas knob, turn to required position and use the pietzo type igniter, when lit you will be able to see the flame through the 'spy hole' shown in your picture.

If you need any more info/pics email me.

TR
If you never have a route planned ...how can you ever be lost?

Tex Ritter

Post by Tex Ritter »

weerickyni wrote:ive just found a riviera heater in my new camper! can anyone please give me a diagramor any advice on how it should work/be plumbed in? cheers

I've just re-read this post...I don't think your 'New' van will have the type of heater being discussed in this original post.

If you are talking about the 'Riviera' that's fitted to caravans - big boxy stand up type like the one pictured in Willoughby members van - then I may be able to help you?

Which one is it?

Tex Ritter.

weerickyni
80-90 Mem No: 6253

Re:

Post by weerickyni »

this is the one i have fitted, i used the word 'new' in the wrong context! :oops: its new to me!!
tex the post above about it and how to plumb it in, is great. i have the main bit in the floor but its been cut off at pipes leavin 2 sticking out from it which is handy! :?

from the pics below what do i have to do? (thanks for the help so far!)

italian & spanish motorbikes
german camper and car! --- i am so european!

Tex Ritter

Re: Re:

Post by Tex Ritter »

weerickyni wrote:this is the one i have fitted, i used the word 'new' in the wrong context! :oops: its new to me!!
tex the post above about it and how to plumb it in, is great. i have the main bit in the floor but its been cut off at pipes leavin 2 sticking out from it which is handy! :?

from the pics below what do i have to do? (thanks for the help so far!)

The facia plate as well as the gas valve, 12volt feed and ignition? box (usually fastened to the floor inside the bed frame) is missing from your picture. They would have been fastened to the lower bed frame at the N/S front corner as I said earlier, if you want to see what they should look like...send me an email. :ok

Tex R

markr
80-90 Mem No: 3021

Post by markr »

I have one of these fitted to my 1985 Devon Moonraker, it,s actually a Riviera heater, made in the Netherlands.

The base is solid, just folded around the edges.

I have the original bill of sale for my van, the heater was a £265 option!

Mark.
3021, 1986 Devon Moonraker, pop top with the aerospace roof. Subaru Imprezza powered.

Tex Ritter

Re:

Post by Tex Ritter »

scottishdave wrote:Hi creamcracker.

What you have there is a Riviera de luxe heater.

I still have the original installation and operating instructions leaflet which you are welcome to.

Hope this helps :)

Wouldn't mind a copy of your heater instructions 'Scottishdave' if at all possible, email address in my profile:D

Thank you.
Tex Ritter :ok

weerickyni
80-90 Mem No: 6253

Post by weerickyni »

ME TOO PLEASE ricky456uk@yahoo.co.uk many thanks!
italian & spanish motorbikes
german camper and car! --- i am so european!