first van finally !!!need advice about fridge

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

leethetree38
80-90 Mem No: 13244

first van finally !!!need advice about fridge

Post by leethetree38 »

Hi all,
finally bought my first van ,after nearly 2 years of looking ,t25 hi top 1989 1.9 td. can an one tell me how i hook the fridge upto to gas ,as it only runs on 12v at moment its a electrolux.Havnt got model number ,but have seen this type in loads of campers.there is a gas pipe that comes in from the outside ,where the bottle is housed ,it has a simple two way vavle on it at the moment which has a single pipe going to the gas hob. :roll:

any thoughts cheers lee

Dad
80-90 Mem No: 11860

Re: first van finally !!!need advice about fridge

Post by Dad »

Valves are on when 'in line'. Turn gas on at the bottle, any other valves on, set the dial on the fridge to gas, push it and turn to max, turn igniter on, keep dial pushed in for 10 seconds. It should be lit. There is often a window at the back of the fridge to view the flame.
Get a Co alarm, make ice then a nice cocktail and laugh at people in tents!! :ok
1990 autosleeper trident 1.9 lpg

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

just a two way fridge then?

peizo ignition? (press a button to make a spark)
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

leethetree38
80-90 Mem No: 13244

Post by leethetree38 »

Dad wrote:Valves are on when 'in line'. Turn gas on at the bottle, any other valves on, set the dial on the fridge to gas, push it and turn to max, turn igniter on, keep dial pushed in for 10 seconds. It should be lit. There is often a window at the back of the fridge to view the flame.
Get a Co alarm, make ice then a nice cocktail and laugh at people in tents!! :ok
Hi there,thanks for reply ,dont think the gas is even connected to the fridge,but i will try what you said tomoz,AND THEN HOPEFULLY LAUGH AT PEOPLE IN TENTS !!!

Dad
80-90 Mem No: 11860

Post by Dad »

Ah, I see. A gas man then!
1990 autosleeper trident 1.9 lpg

Ian and Lins
80-90 Mem No: 3532

Post by Ian and Lins »

Van has to be dead level for the gas to work. Ignition switch has to be 'blipping' before spark can ignite gas; ours was not due to a corroded 12v input cable. I down loaded a manual from the net but can't remember where from. Search for Electrolux ...?
Are we going on anything else?

1985 Petrol 1.9 A/S Hightop