Depth of a SMEV sink hob combo?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MOLLYTHEVIKING
80-90 Mem No: 0

Depth of a SMEV sink hob combo?

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Hi guys, I am starting on my interior next weekend and am planning on installing a Smev hob/sink combo. I think it is a 9222 model. Only thing is I can't afford to buy it for a month so am after a favour if poss. I have the cutout dimensions but not the depth from top of worktop to the underside of the waste pipe. I have a tall-ish fridge at the moment and need to see if the sink will fit above it.
If anyone could get me that dim id greatly appreciate it :)

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: Depth of a SMEV sink hob combo?

Post by Plasticman »

go to the smev site , all the dimensions are there (900 x 370) :lol:
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

http://dometic.com/enie/International/S ... taid=86401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and here
http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/smev- ... 1497-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
depth 240
yours is near a metre long :shock:

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Thanks for the info, I've found these before but it would be good to get a dim from someone's setup just so I can tell how much I need from top of worktop to underside of an attached waste pipe as I know it's gonna be pretty snug!

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

well on the one i showed its 240mm, this is to the bottom of the bowl , the smev drains are a 90' side outlet so ad 30mm, the same info is available with all their products ,you dont need anymore info
mm

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Fair enough, thanks dude :) I am wondering whether or not to go for this one as it is huge!

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

no, its ridiculous, 3 foot long !

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

Hi. I was also considering the 9222, but when I thought about it I decided that there was no need for the sink as I would rarely if ever use it. A quality basin and a kettle of warm water is a lot more useful for preparing food and washing up plus it can be stored away in a press. I know that the 9222 is a nice bit of kit but it is very expensive for what it is. I went with a smev twin burner, cant think of the model number. Will stick a few photos on the thread when I get phone alive. Just a thought
1986 1.6 D Bundeswehr T3 Kombi

billybigspud
80-90 Mem No: 9454

Post by billybigspud »

Buy it from mega van mats using the t4 forum as they have a discount. Comes with pump,tap,water pipe,gas pipe,waste pipe, waste and a cardboard template which is a must. £250 delivered next day. I can give you the measurements when I am home on Monday and I can include the 90 degree waste but MM is right.

http://www.xtremevan.co.uk/product_info ... ts_id=5425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; look here

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Cheers buddy. Doesn't look too big in that photo...still unsure what to get really. Only have a week to make my mind up :)

billybigspud
80-90 Mem No: 9454

Post by billybigspud »

I think it is great and perfect for us. I have an electrical connection and a water connections under the van so I can keep the water and waste outside. Just make sure you get a pre done template with it as the standard one is crazy and allow for the lids to come up when positioning the cut. :ok

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Thanks for that, I know that they are pretty large but I think it will work with my new layout. Just need to make sure I can squeeze the sink in over the fridge. I'm going to set it all out on Monday/Tuesday to make sure. I don't really want the hob on the end as I'd prefer it centred in front of the louvred window really.....